dark wings, dark words

194 AC, King's Landing

"If we do this,", Daemon started to speak, his head between his hands. "we cannot take it back, you know this, right? We will either live or die."

"But we will not live in fear.", Aegor turned to him and looked at his uncomfortable figure. "I think it's worth something."

"I never thought Daeron would treat us like this.", Daemon sighed. "We might be bastard born but we are legitimized. He stole our rights from us, made us prisoners in homes we don't want to live in, belittled us, denied us our desires."

"Daenerys should have been yours. She was promised to you, Daeron had no right to take her away from you and make her a prisoner to the Dornish."

"Ser Quentyn says that his relationship with Myriah is even more stained on these days. That he is starting to see what kind of a monster she is."

"Ser Quentyn had been saying this for years now. But obviously, no matter how hard we hope, Daeron's sleep is quite deep. He cannot see the leeches all around him, those fucking Dornish rats. I heard after Lord Caron's death, another Dornish dog had been promoted to the small council."

"Inexcusable.", Daemon spat and looked at his brother. "What is he trying to do? His son is married to a dignified Marcher Lady, how on earth he can dare to insult them even further?"

"Father knew.", Aegor spoke with determination. "He knew that Daeron was unfit, he knew that Daeron was weak and fragile, that he didn't have a backbone in his body. He knew he was falseborn-"

"Aegor-"

"Just look at him!", Aegor declared. "Father was powerful and strong, knew what he wanted and took what he wanted. He hit first and asked questions later. He knew what kind of a plague the Dornish were, he wanted to conquer that place. And now, his son -which isn't even his son but that weak Naerys and dishonest Aemon, made us slaves to their needs. We were supposed to rule over Dorne as we rule over the rest of the kingdoms. Daeron took that away from us.", his eyes were burning with determination. "He turned our house into a joke for that whore!"

"We need to give him one last chance to realize his mistakes.", Daemon said after a while with a sigh and defended his choice before Aegor rudely interfered. "He may not be our true brother -which we will never know for sure, but he is still our elder. Maybe we can show him the true path? Maybe he'll realize that he has no business in that throne and his wife is a manipulative liar, that his seed is weak and cannot command respect."

"He is an old man now. Old men usually do not realize their mistakes."

"Even if we do attack, who would support us?"

"A falseborn usurper against the legitimized son of the king? I think the choice is rather obvious."

"Dornish dogs would defend their false queen."

"Not the Yronwoods.", Aegor disagreed. "They are different than their kin. Revolutianery types the Yronwoods can see the facts, can see the horrible entitlement of the Martells. He would support their one true king if you promise to make them the new liege lord of the Dornish."

"When I am done with them, not a single living Martell will be left. They all will taste the fury of my sword."

"Oh, and what a sword.", Aegor put a hand on his shoulder. "Father knew you were the true swordsman, the Warrior reborn, he knew you were blessed by the gods and Daeron was nothing but a spineless weakling, a feeble-minded craven. He cannot go against you."

"He has other lords."

"Ser Quentyn is ready to sneak into his bed chambers and cut his throat for us.", Aegor shrugged. "He knows and we know that his kingsguard is based on a lie though those unhonourable shits would never give up their white cloak. Ser Quentyn is better than all, he can win against all the seven kingsguard with the blessing of the true king.