what cannot be cured

192 AC, King's Landing

2 years had passed since the birth of the first grandchild of the current king and queen. Prince Daeron's second name-day celebrations were just around the corner and both Daeron and Myriah wanted to use it as an excuse to gather the family around. They didn't have many opportunities in the past years.

Baelor and Jena's relationship were much better ever since they went to Dragonstone. Without the constant pressure of having a son -or acting in a perfect manner, they find it a lot easier to focus on themselves. Jena got pregnant after trying for a while -since it wasn't allowed them to annul the marriage, and their first son and the future king, Valarr, had born, inheriting his mother's looks. He was born with a bit of light brown hair and Jena's blue eyes. He got his father's slightly tanned skin and when his hair grew out, they realized he inherit a bit of Targaryen legacy too. A part of his light brown hair contained a streak of silver-gold.

While his cousin, Daeron, was a relatively calm child -Maekar even got worried and summoned a Maester to examine him because babies were supposed to cry, Valarr was the opposite of him. He didn't wake up that much at night but in the morning, he was constantly crying, which affected Jena's already fragile health even further and Baelor had to take care of him himself.

Aerys, one and twenty, took over Baelor's supposed royal process this year since both were busy with Valarr, who didn't even have his first name day. He wrote about his constant boring but still did his duty, though the Lords he visited kindly informed the king that the prince spent more time in libraries than he did in the tourneys and the feast they had thrown in his name.

Rhaegel had found himself a new friend, one that Myriah would despise if she would know. And their ...friendship had reached another level that would be ...untasteful if someone would find out. He had kept his relationship with Lady Aelinor Penrose as private as he could. They seemed like distant cousins on the outside but they were lovers in the secrecy of their chambers. And while he didn't know what she was thinking, he was adamant about marrying her. Now both of them were in the Parchments, Rhaegel claimed that he was bored of the capital and chose to accompany his cousin on her way to visit her siblings.

Maekar and Dyanna were in a bubble. They both would wake up every day, Maekar would spar for hours and eat when Dyanna force him and then he would attend the small council meetings -it was a way for Daeron to apologize without truly apologizing. He did not understand that Maekar didn't enjoy those meetings because no one was actually paying mind to him or asking his opinions. He knew they wouldn't dare to ignore a prince if the said prince would be their Baelor Breakspear, not Maekar.

And Dyanna would spend most of her time with Daeron and her small little court, with poems and dancing and loud music -though now it all ended rather in a suitable hour because she had no reason to annoy Maekar anymore. They were friends, still, Dyanna kept sleeping in Maekar's room a few times a week and they did their 'marital duties' sometimes. It was pleasant and still weird, Maekar avoided touching or looking at her and Dyanna did the same, they would prepare themselves and then do the actual thing in a weird position -not that Dyanna didn't enjoy it but it felt like an obligation more than actual lovemaking, and Dyanna would drink the moon tea every time afterwards.

Neither of them had forgotten what happened when Daeron had born. Still, neither Daeron nor Myriah were allowed to be alone with Daeron without either Maekar or Dyanna being present and she shut down every offer of closeness from the queen. She had trusted her, devoted herself to her and got betrayed in return because of one woman's vindictive lies. Other than that, they were rather ...happy with their life. Maekar forced himself to spend time with Daeron -that fatherly love still was not there, and he actually listened to Dyanna when she talked. That was also a problem for Dyanna that annoyed her more and more every day, she didn't want Maekar to listen to her with a poker face, she wanted him to actually talk.