University of Strathclyde |Rank, New Courses Fees, Admission 2023

Overview

In the centre of Glasgow, one of the biggest cities in the UK, the University of Strathclyde is a top global technology university.

With more than 23,000 students from more than 100 different countries, the University of Strathclyde offers a lively and welcoming environment for students from all backgrounds. As a 5-star QS-rated institution, Strathclyde won the titles of Entrepreneurial University of the Year in 2013 and University of the Year in 2012 and 2019 from Times Higher Education. The Queen's Higher and Further Education Anniversary Award, the sector's highest national honor, was given to them, making them the new Scottish University of the Year for 2020.

The research output at Strathclyde is changing thanks to the university's Technology & Innovation Center. Following the most recent Research Excellence Framework in 2014, the university rose into the top 20 research-intensive universities in the UK. Scotland's top department is Electronic & Electrical Engineering, while the UK's top department is the Department of Physics.

History

Glasgow, one of the biggest cities in the, is home to University of Strathclyde. Over 23,000 students from more than 100 nations make up its vibrant international student body, with more than 21% of them coming from abroad. For more than 200 years, Strathclyde has provided academic excellence through top-notch research and instruction.

This award-winning university has received a top-five star rating in each of the eight categories in the QS Stars University Ratings (2017–2020). Teaching, employability, testing, internationalization, technology, creativity, inclusiveness, and expert excellence are all recognized in this process. International students can expect top-notch instruction, top-notch study opportunities, and the benefit of industry networks and contacts. Strathclyde makes sure that students are well-prepared for the careers they want to pursue after graduation.

Each of its four faculties—Science, Engineering, Humanities & Social Sciences, and Strathclyde Business School—cooperates closely with business, the public sector, and decision-makers to cultivate an enviable track record of advancing technology and innovation for the benefit of society.

The accomplishments and rankings for the University of Strathclyde

2023 Times University Guide: 18th

2023 Guardian University Guide: 16th

2023 QS World University Rankings: 325th

In addition to being awarded a perfect score of 5, Strathclyde also received the title of Entrepreneurial University of the Year in 2013 and was named University of the Year by Times Higher Education in both 2012 and 2019. They have received the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education, the highest national honor in higher and further education, and have been named the Scottish University of the Year for 2020.

In the REF 2021, 57% of Strathclyde's research received a "excellent" rating, compared to the sector average of 87.2%. An overall higher quality university is one with a higher percentage of "world-leading" and "internationally excellent" research (89% compared to 84%).

Faculties

Engineering

Social sciences and humanities

Science

School of Business at Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde's course offerings