—🂠🃑🃁🂱🂡—

Chiara scrolled through Instagram, staring at her recent post while laughing at the comments. She hasn't had fun in a while and considering she normally hates performances, last night's was a turn of events for her. Maybe it was because her friends were there, but that feeling didn't go away as she woke up in her "childhood" home.

Her moms raised her in Atlanta before moving to New York with her late-older sister, Cordelia, when she was only 5. The room still felt reminiscent but not enough that it felt like home. In truth, nothing felt like home to her but this one was pretty damn close.

The walls were no longer pink but the stickers in the closet that she placed when she were little were still there, peeling away. The room was now painted a dull blue color with just a bed, desk, bookshelf, and trophy case of awards she had won over the years as a kid.

As the sun rose, so did she. She went to the bathroom before checking the time to see it was 9 am. The sound of warm laughter coming from downstairs signaled to her that her moms were awake, and so, she walked down carefully to be greeted by two cheerful parents.

"Mornin', sunshine," Mama Emira called out, sliding her a cup of iced coffee.

"Buongiorno caro," Madre Toni cooed as she scurried over to give her daughter a tight hug. "Avresti dovuto svegliarci ieri notte quando sei arrivato." Italian was how Chiara knew how to differentiate between her moms, even with their contrasting appearances. She always appreciated Madre for keeping the culture intact.

Toni and Emira gave birth to Chiara in Italy when they still lived there, just 5 years after they had adopted Cordelia. Toni being Italian helped the process go smoothly.

"I know, but, I was tired and it was late," Chiara replied, taking a sip of the coffee and sighing. It was nearing winter and the trees had all iced over outside. That didn't stop Chiara from drinking as many iced drinks as she could. Her mothers waved it off before setting the table for breakfast.

They sat together and quietly ate their meals while keeping up small talk with their daughter. They rarely saw her since her career took off all those years ago and Chiara always came down to Georgia when she had the time, no matter how inconvenient it might've been.

As she ate a bowl of oatmeal, she posted a few pictures to her @chichi story.

—🂠🃑🃁🂱🂡—

Instagram
————

Instagram————