𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨

It wasn't uncommon for Chris to feel uneasy. Growing up with absent parents and at times an abusive father taught you to be aware of your surroundings at all times. Having to fight off bullies and later monsters from a different dimension certainly did not help either.

The two things that helped him come down were music and Will. But now he only had music. Which is how he found himself walking towards the shed Eddie was hiding in, bags of food in his hands and Walkman on high volume blasting in his ears. Dustin opened the door which somehow startled Eddie almost to death. Looks like Chris wasn't the only one who was feeling uneasy.

"Delivery service," Dustin smiled as Chris took off his headphones and threw a box of cereal at Eddie. While Eddie quickly shoved the dry cereal into his mouth, Chris, Max, Dustin, Steve and Robin all sat down around him to start coming up with a plan.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news," Dustin started. "How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first, always," Eddie replied with his mouth still full of cereal.

"All right. Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you," Dustin revealed. "Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy." He added.

"Like, 100% kind of convinced," Max confirmed.

"Like, they will shoot you on sight convinced." Chris nodded.

"And the good news?" Eddie asked with hope.

"Your name hasn't gone public yet," Robin chimed in. "But if we found out about you, it's only a matter of time before others do too. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie spat with hatred.

"Pew," Chris confirmed with an annoyed look on his face while finger-gunning Eddie.

"Shit."

"So, before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence," Dustin explained while Steve nodded.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie asked sarcastically.

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it."

"Listen, Eddie," Robin quickly interfered. "I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kind of thing before. I mean, they have a... a few times, and... and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, and theirs was more smoke-related which went into Chris giving him powers, but bottom line is, collectively, I really feel we got this."

"Yes, see, we usually rely on this girl who has superpowers. But she was born with them, unlike Chris who got them because of all of this. But, uh, hers went bye-bye, so..." Steve sighed.

"So we're technically in more of the—"

"Kinda..."

"Brainstorming phase." Max settled on as Steve agreed.

"There... There's nothing to worry about," Dustin tried to say before Steve scoffed with a smile to sound convincing that he believes Dustin.

"And if all goes to shit, at least we can be electrifying." Chris smiled coyly while lighting sparked around his fingers. But they started sparking out of control when the sound of distant sirens met his ears and his hair flew up.

"Shit," Steve cursed in panic.

"Tarp," Robin said quickly. "Tarp. Tarp." She ordered and they quickly went to hide Eddie under it. But when they looked outside to see the police coming, they all drove right past them.