𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐲𝐰𝐨𝐠

"The case of Phineas Gage is one of the great medical curiosities of all time. Phineas was a railroad worker in 2848 who had a nightmarish accident. A large iron rod was driven completely through his head. Phineas miraculously survived. He seemed fine. And physically, yes, he was. But his injury resulted in a complete change to his personality. So much so that friends that knew him started referring to him as 'No longer Gage'. At the time, this was known as the American Crowbar Case. Although it wasn't a—" Mr Clarke's lesson got interrupted by Dustin throwing the door open. Chris looked up, his brown hair falling into his eyes. Dustin looked to be stressed and Chris couldn't help but wonder why.

"I am so sorry, Mr Clarke," Dustin panted as he walked to his seat in front of Chris. "Really, I'm so sorry. Please continue with the class. Don't mind me. Really, continue, please. Thanks." He finished as he sat down.

"Although it wasn't a crowbar, it was a rod, as I said." Mr Clarke continued as the party leaned closer to Dustin.

"We have to meet. All of us. At lunch, AV Club." He whispered.

"Why?" Mike whispered back.

"I have something that you won't believe," Dustin replied and the others leaned back again. Dustin then turned to Max and said the same thing to her.

"Dustin!" Mr Clarke called.

"Yes, my lord?" Dustin asked.

"Would you care to join the class now?" Mr Clarke asked and Chris lightly snickered.

"Please, yes."

"The case of Phineas Gage."

"Phineas Gage."

"Page 104."

"104. 104."

"Focus."

"Focusing. Focusing," Dustin finished and turned to Max again. "AV Club." He whispered and Chris rolled his eyes before turning back to taking notes.

⤎✗🕶✗⤏

Dustin opened his trap and Chris's eyes widened as he looked at the small creature inside of it.

"His name is D'Artagnan." Dustin smiled as he picked up the creature.

"I don't care what his name is, I care what he is." Chris thought out loud as he looked at the creature.

"Cute, right?" Dustin asked, ignoring Chris's question.

"D'Artagnan?" Mike asked.

"Dart for short," Dustin said.

"And he was in your trash?" Max asked confused.

"Foraging for food. Do you wanna hold him?" Dustin asked and Max's eyes widened.

"No, no." She panicked as Dustin handed her the creature.

"He doesn't bite." Dustin smiled.

"I don't want to—" Max tried but Dart was already in her hands. "Oh, God, he's slimy!" She exclaimed as she handed Dart to Lucas.

"Ugh, he's like a living booger." He groaned before handing Dart to Will.

"Ugh, oh, God!" He exclaimed and Chris took over Dart, making their hands lightly brush.

"What are you?" Chris thought out loud as he looked at the creature.

"That's a great question." Mike agreed as he took Dart from Chris, who wiped his hands clean on his pants.