𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭

El screamed loudly as she cried in pain and Chris's hair started floating.

"Whoa!" Steve exclaimed as he looked at his little brother's hair.

"Not now, Steve!" Chris yelled back as everyone looked around in panic while the thing still moved inside El's leg.

"What is that?" Erica asked.

"There's something in there," Mike said.

"No!" El cried in pain as Chris's hair started floating higher in panic.

"Jesus Christ," Dustin cursed.

"Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan asked before he ran away and Chris looked at El.

"El, I need you to look at me, okay? Just... Just look at me," He said as carefully as he could as El softly looked at him through the pain and panic. "Yes, like that. Okay, now I'm gonna try something, I don't know if it'll work but I need you to trust me. Do you trust me?" He asked and El nodded. "Good," Chris sighed and he put his hands near her leg.

"Chris, what are you doing?" Max asked as Chris's eyes started glowing blue and the people who hadn't seen that before all gasped. A small forcefield appeared in Chris's hands and he placed it around El's leg. And somehow, El stopped crying.

"What did you do?" Nancy asked him.

"I thought it might block her nerves there. The pain and everything is still there but she doesn't feel it as badly," Chris explained before turning to El. "The only problem is that the moment I remove it, it can hurt a fucking lot." He warned and El nodded.

"She got this," Mike said for her and Chris sighed with a small smile as he concentrated on the forcefield.

"I know," He said as electricity sparked around his hands and lower arms.

"You know, it's not actually that bad. There was a... The goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the whole bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane." Robin rambled.

"Robin," Steve interrupted.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"You're not helping," Steve informed and Chris looked away and looked back at the forcefield.

"I'm sorry," Robin apologized as Jonathan returned with a wooden spoon, some gloves and a very hot knife.

"Okay, all right, El?" He asked the doe-eyed girl. "This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?"

"Okay," El sobbed softly as Jonathan nodded to Chris and he removed the forcefield causing El to scream in pain again.

"I need you to stay real still," Jonathan said to El as Chris slightly panted due to the effort he had to do for the forcefield. "Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?" He handed El the spoon and she bit on it.

"Jesus Christ." Dustin cursed again. Jonathan held the knife to the wound and looked at El.

"Do it," Mike said for her and Jonathan slid the knife into El's leg. Everyone groaned in disgust as El screamed in pain. She started reaching for something and Chris quickly wrapped his arms around her head, keeping her eyes off the wound and whispering softly to her.

"You're doing great, El. It will all be over soon," He whispered as he girl cried in his chest while biting down on the spoon. "This is gonna hurt," He warned as Jonathan stuck his hand into the bleeding wound. El screamed louder and Chris hugged her tighter as Jonathan tried to grab the creature in her leg.