Sick Day

September 27-Metropolis, Delaware

You laid in bed with a cold towel over your face. You had a fever, your head was pounding, and you couldn't breathe out of one nostril. On top of that, Zeeke was in the same condition. You woke up late, so you didn't even know what time it was. After emailing Perry that you wouldn't be coming in, you picked up your phone and tapped on Lois's text.

'Where are you?'

'Sick.'

'Ew.'

'Yeah. Ew.'

'You need anything?'

'No. We'll be fine.'

'Okay. Feel better! 😘🤒.'

You looked at the time and slowly got up to give Zeeke more medicine. You sat on his bed and poured the liquid into the small cup.

"I don't want it."

"I know, baby. You have to take it, okay? Please?"

He complied and slowly swallowed the syrup. He took a sip of water before getting back into bed.

"Can I watch Tiana?"

"Princess and The Frog?"

"Mhm."

"Sure, baby."

You put the movie on and made your way back to your room. After getting into bed, you decided to open your laptop and get some work done.

After about two hours of typing, sniffling, and more typing, Zeeke opened the door to your room and sat on your bed.

"What's wrong, baby?"

"I threw up in my bed."

"Oh, it's okay. Let's get you in the bath."

You filled the tub with bubbles as you cleaned him up. Fighting your own sickness while you took care of your son. Once he was cleaned up, you left him on the couch as you stripped his bed. You put his dirty sheets in a laundry basket, and replaced them with fresh ones.

Just as you were about to take the laundry down, there was a knock at the door. You slightly cracked open the door until you saw who was on the other side. You took the chain off and fully opened it.

"Clark? What are you doing here? Why aren't you working?"

"It's lunchtime, and Lois told me you guys weren't feeling well, so I thought I'd bring you some home remedies."

"You didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to."

"I don't want you getting sick."

"Trust me, I have a very strong immune system."

"Hi, Clark."

"Hey, Zeeke. How are you feeling?"

"Yucky."

"I think I can help with that. If it's okay with your mom?"

"Uh, sure. I guess."

"Great." He set the grocery bags down on the counter and shut the door behind him. "Now, before I get started in the kitchen, do you need anything done?"

"I'd appreciate it if you could take that basket down to the laundry room."

"You got it."

"Thanks."

"No problem. I'll be right back."

After he left, Zeeke leaned into you and whispered.

"He looks like Superman."