every second feels like hell, because he knew damn well they were never meant to last.

he let go of her, finally surrending to his fate.

on the other side, sara smiles at hyunjae and blinks slowly as she looks at him. "let's go. i need to bring you back to the hospital."

the journey back to the hospital filled with silence, with eric volunteering himself to be the driver of the night seeing how drunk the owner of the red convertible to even know how to walk herself to the car without tripping countless times. the other brown haired man was long passed out way before others even feeling slightly tipsy, proving his own point that he could not handle that much of alcohol since his tolerance is very low.

eric focuses on the road, which seems lacking with vehicles as the clock already approaching two in the morning. he shakes his head slowly, thinking on how much time they've spent out of the hospital that he feels a bit anxious. taking his turn to the left, he gets startled by hyunjae's sudden voice.

"why you don't drink today ?"

"if i did, i don't think any of us will reach the hospital." he snorts, earning giggles from hyunjae. the latter nods his head, "you got your point."

"are you feeling better nowadays ?" eric asks as the car enters the highway.

"just the same. i don't know, maybe i think too much."

eric sighs, himself doesn't know what to reply and the atmosphere fell silent again. hyunjae takes a glance on his side, looking at the passing trees on the side of the broad highway that he can barely even see with his limited eyesight. getting a spectacle was the least of his worries even before the accident. blurry images infront intrigued him more, saying that it's weird if everything is too clear for him.

the car slowly enters the hospital driveway, leading them to the lobby. eric then press on brake and pulled the handbrake. the car stops, slightly shaking, waking both of the passed out drunks. eric helps hyunjae with his wheelchair, while the latter mouthing his gratitude to him.

sunwoo and sara made their ways out from the car, with sunwoo almost stumbling over a rock infront of him. he kicks the rock almost immediately, cussing the poor thing for blocking his way. sara trails behind him, looking like she's about to pass out any second but tries her best to appear not as drunk.

she walks over to hyunjae's wheelchair and pushes him away into the entrance as sunwoo follows them suit, leaving the blonde haired behind. eric sighs, "this woman can never live alone is it ? she walks away like her car never exist," he complains, "it's a relief that i am a well raised man, if that isn't the case i'd probably drive away and never come back."

sara catches his words too late and when she turns back to claim her car, her convertible disappeared from their sight. "he better not be stealing my car or i'll burn his department down." she hisses.

they continue to walk into the hospital, with the receptionist greeting them fairly. she expected sunwoo to follow them up to hyunjae's room, but her eyes watch the doctor made his way to the lounge and heaves himself on the couch. he then mumbles something incoherent before completely passed out.

"i can't believe this asshole is one of us," she walks off, embarrassed. hyunjae only laughs when they enter the elevator, resulting for the woman to roll her eyes hard to the back of her skull. the silence in the elevator interrupted by sara's hiccup, that seems to worsen when she woke up from her short nap in the car.

"i think you need to drink some plain water miss chae," hyunjae starts, pointing to the water dispenser ahead of them when the door of the elevator opens. she replies with pushing his wheelchair straight to the water dispenser, taking a paper cup beside the machine and she opts for the cold water. bringing the cup close to her lips, she gulp down the drink with one of her eyes slightly closed due to the sudden sensation of cold water, almost sending her to shiver.