nearly choking on the drink that leaves quite strong taste to him, he glances at hyunjae weirdly. "why ask me ?"

"i just wonder when can i go to any of you guys weddings again," he blinks nonchalantly. if i ever have the chance to do so anyway. "i mean, weddings afterparty offers great wine choices for free plus scrumptious looking food too ! it's too good to not be excited about," hyunjae states, making a point to scrunch his eyebrows to show how serious he was.

"well, as for now i don't really enjoy relationships as much as i did back then in highschool-"

"as if you were serious with any of those girls," sara interjects, earning a deadly glare from sunwoo. "says the one who's such a loner all her life. at least i learned to at least enjoyed my life before getting stuck in the hospital which feels like a forever deal to me ?" he shoots. the latter only rolls her eyes away, sipping on her drinks while sunwoo cusses her out.

"anyway, i don't think im ready for any relationship let alone a marriage. what's the point on building something that was bound to be destroyed sooner or later ? i rather spend my free time off hospitals drowning in my tears for kdramas or just being dead asleep on my bed without having the need to worry about another human being." he explains.

hyunjae nods at him with slight amusement in his face, while his eyes hinting a bit of sadness. he's right, why bother trying when you knew well enough everything will go down as far as it can be.

their paths may have crossed for a reason, so called destiny that brings them to find themselves complete in each others presence. two souls were bound to meet, and that's the catch; destiny never promised a happy ending for each encounters. leaving the souls wandering what had happened if they were never meant to be what they hoped it would.

desperate enough to dream the impossible, unknowingly closing their eyes to finally feel all of the what ifs that they had prayed for. a closure; one solution to cure their broken hearts as their loved ones being taken away, separating two souls that once were full of hope. he will never understand why, but he secretly wishes that she will, one day, take in whatever life has to offer to finally let her feel nothing but happiness.

he takes in a deep breath, tingling sensation spreads out through his nervous system. as if his heart is telling him something, telling him to stop trying.

he watches as sara clings her drink with sunwoo's, leaving them in their world as he feels like his soul would detach from his body any seconds now. his head feels light as it swings from side to side, following the rhythm of the piano that plays in his mind which somewhat fills in the void in his heart. his mind flew over a classical piece that he had learned before things go south, picturing his fingers dancing delicately on the keys.

oh the things i'd do just to have a little more time.

but he knew it too well that hope is something that he can barely hold onto now.

the night passes like wind; with him watching the person he once imagined a future with, getting under influence of alcohol. her cheeks are pink, hiccups overtaking her as she babbles nonsense. she turns to him, drowning herself in his eyes.

"i love your eyes so much they made me think about the stars-" she says and hiccup, "how shiny and glittery they are in the night sky but i don't need to look up when your eyes have everything."

his mind always putting a banter between him and the person on his side who's shamelessly flirting with him. but for once, he feels like his heart will betray his mind, and he doesn't held himself back. he throws himself to her, embracing her body with his arms. she only manage to chuckle as her hand find its way to his back, patting him slowly.