Chapter 7

After your classes it was time for lunch but you didn't want to go sit with Billy and Stu because you knew how awkward it would be. You were walking through the halls, which didn't have many people in them, when you heard screaming coming from the girls bathroom. 

   You ran to the bathroom door and into Sydney who was in tears. You grabbed her arms and looked into her teary eyes. 

   "Sydney what happened?" 

   She let out a small sob and whispered, "He was in there."

   "Who Sydney, who did this?"

   She finally looked away from the bathroom door and responded, " The killer he's in there."

   You looked behind her body at the bathroom door and pulled Sydney away. You led her down the hallway quickly until you reached the doorway to outside. You sat on the closest bench and pulled Sydney into a hug. 

   You pulled away and asked, "Before you say anything, are you sure it was him and not just some guy trying to prank you." 

     "Yes," she sobbed. " Y/n it was him, he tried to kill me again!" 

   You pulled her in again and whispered in her ear, "It's gonna be okay Sydney.He's not gonna hurt you now. Tell me what happened."

   She sniffled quietly, "Ok... I went to the bathroom to get away from Billy when I heard these two girls talking about my mother and me in the stalls. I went into one of the stalls so they wouldn't know I was in there and they were saying the most horrible things about me."

   She sobbed again and laid her head on your shoulder, "They were saying I probably killed all those people. They called my mother a slut and said that I'm probably just like her."

    You stroked her hair with a deep frown, "Was it that bitch from biology because if so I have a really big thing on her and Mr. Blue-" 

      " No Y/n its fine, its just got me thinking..." 

   You pushed her shoulders a little so you could look at her tear soaked face, " Sydney you don't seriously believe what they said do you?"

     " I don't know Y/n, everyone else believes it and all the rumors about the affairs... it's just got me thinking." 

     " Listen to me Sydney," you tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. " Don't let rumors change your mind about what you believe in. Your mother was the sweetest woman I've ever met and she did not deserve what Cotton did to her."

   She layed her head on your shoulder again and pulled you into a hug. You rapped her arms around her waist and could feel her relax against your body.

     " Its such a relief that someone agrees with me on this."

   You smiled and softly pulled away from her. You stood up and grabbed her wrist and walked with her out the door to the crowded courtyard. Students were scattered everywhere, talking about the new curfew and what they were gonna do with no school.

   You let go of Sydney's wrist and put your arm around her shoulders, " From now on I wont leave your side. I'll be spending so much time with you, you'll be sick of me by tomorrow."

   She laughed and put her arm around your shoulder. It made you happy she was starting to feel better. Tatum ran up to the two of you and put her arm around the other side of your shoulder while you did the same to her. 

     " Do you two know what you're gonna be doing now that there's no school?" 

     " I dont know," Sydney said. " I think it's a good idea to just stick to the-"

     "Boo!"  Stu yelled while squeezing Tatum's hips. You felt Sydney jump next to you. You all pulled your arms away while Stu said some weird thing none of you understood, and handed you three a flower. 

     " Sorry Syd didn't mean to scare you," Tatum slapped his shoulder. " Ow! So you three coming to my fiesta?" 

     " Your having a party?" You asked

     " Yeah man! The entire student body practically worships Sydney now for getting school cancelled." Stu said while spinning Tatum around and dipping her. You felt your stomach drop watching this but didn't know why.

     " Isn't Halloween this weekend?" Tatum asked.

   You saw Sydney make a face from the corner of your eye. You had been so focused on the events that had been happening that you didn't  even realize how close the holiday really was.

     " Yeah Im having a halloween party this Saturday at my place."

     " Are you serious?" Sydney asked. "Don't you think thats kind of stupid with all the stuff going on this week?"

     " Na it'll be fine!" Stu said while kissing down Tatum's neck. This brought the same sinking feeling again. " My parents are out of town this weekend, I'll make it really low-key, and me and Billy will be there to protect you."

     " Oh no, no Billy!" Tatum said. " Syds already had a bad week."

     " Oh come on Sydney aren't you over that whole thing. The police proved him innocent!"

   You looked over to see her staring at the ground. " I don't know Stu, we've been fighting a lot lately."

     " Okay then this party will be a way of making up! Come on it'll be therapeutic."

   You squeezed her arm softly, " Sydney Im sure he feels terrible for how much pain you're in. You know how much he loves you."

      " I don't know," She looked at Stu. " I'll think about it."

     " So you'll all come then?" He asked looking around at each of you. 

   You nodded your head, " Yeah sure I'll come." The two other girls nodded their heads and said they would come too. 

     " You wont regret this I swear!" He promised. The three of you started walking away when you heard Stu shout to you.

     " Hey Y/n pick up the snacks would you? You know how to pick the good ones!"