Chapter 3

I walked to the fountain like usual and saw Billy and Sydney sitting close together with Stu and Tatum right next to them. Randy was sitting alone beside them. Me and Randy were the only single people in our friend group. Three years ago, my boyfriend of one year got in a car accident. Everyone said he deserved it for what he did.

" Did they ask if you like to hunt?" Stu asked as I sat beside Randy.

" Yeah, they did." Billy responded.

"Why would they ask if you like to hunt?" Tatum asked confused.

" Cause their bodies were gutted," I answered to everyone's surprise. Casey's dead body in the tree flashed inside my head. After an awkward silence, Tatum finally said,

" They didn't ask me if I like to hunt."

" Well, there's no way a girl could've killed them." It gave me a weird feeling the way Stu said it, almost defensive.

" That is so sexist! The killer could easily be a girl!" Randy was about to respond but I cut him off,

" No offense Tatum, but I don't think you should go around saying that. People would start thinking you did it and didn't like people blaming all your work on a guy."

Billy's pov

"No offense Tatum, but I don't think you should go around saying that. People would start thinking you did it and didn't like people blaming all your work on a guy." Y/n said.

I had to resist the urge to laugh at her comment and I could tell Stu was too. If she knew what we had done...I don't even know what she would think, especially since this wasn't the first time. We didn't mean to hurt her but when I saw what happened to her face, I was pissed. Stu should've been more careful. The plan was perfect, how could we have forgotten about her and Casey's movie night?

Tatum just looked at the ground saying nothing. Y/n had a good point. I stared at her face, trying to memorize all that I could. I knew that face in every way it could be. I know that when she cries she squeezes her eyes closed because she hates people seeing her in pain. I know when she laughs, she scrunches her nose the tiniest bit and smiles so wide you can see every tooth in her mouth. I know when she likes someone, she looks at them like they're the most perfect person in the world.

That's how she looked at Andrew when they were dating. That's why I had to do what I did.

Y/n pov

" Yeah, Casey and Steve were completely hollowed out," Stu added." The fact is that it takes a man to do something like that."

Sydney hadn't said anything the whole conversation but no one seemed to notice but me. The murders must be reminding her even more about her mother's dead, especially at this time of year. After a long pause, she finally says,

" How do you gut someone?" She looked at the ground.

Everyone stared at her for a moment.

"You take a knife, and you slit 'em from groan to the sternum," Stu said out of nowhere.

" Hey!" Billy shouted at him when he felt Sydney go stiff. Why the fuck would Stu say that to Sydney."It's called tact, fuck-rag."

Sydney got up saying she was going to her next class. Billy watched her walk away as Stu and Randy kept talking. He stood up and walked over, resting one leg on the side and the other stretched out in front of us. I looked over at him with a small smile which he returned. I was used to the small gestures from Billy and Stu. Those two boys were the most affectionate boys I've ever met. Stu was obviously more forward with it but when me and Billy were hanging out alone, he acted just the same.

" I'm sorry y/n..." He whispered lowly in my ear. Stu must have heard what he said. He turned to me and said,

" Hey I'm sorry y/n, that was stupid. Im gonna apologize to Sydney next time I see her too." I over at him and smiled. Stu went back to talking while Billy stared at your face.

" Stu, didn't you used to date Casey?" I asked.

" Yeah for like two seconds." I knew for a fact they dated for at least two years.

" Yeah until she dumped him for Steve." Randy smiled.

" I thought you dumped her for me?" Tatum said turning her head quickly to look at him.

" I did! He's just full of shit." I couldn't help but laugh. Billy smiled at me, happy to see his friend was happy again.

" And are the police aware you dated the victim?" Randy joked.

" Hey, what are you saying, that I killed her?" Stu defended.

" It would certainly improve your high school q."

" Stu was with me all night." Tatum defended with a smirk. You fake gagged which made Stu turn and smile at you.

" Randy lay off him. Even if Stu did kill her he wouldn't do it alone." Billy tensed at my words.

" What do you mean?" Stu asked quickly.

" Stu you're a follower. I'm not saying you did it, trust me I don't think you did, but I'm just saying if you did do it then someone would've talked you into it." Billy laughed quietly which made Stu whip his head around at him.

" Why's that so funny?"

Billy just smiled, " Cause it's so true."

" Why are you getting so defensive, Stu?" Randy asked wiggling his eyebrows.

" I didn't kill anybody," Stu said quietly.

" Nobody said you did." Billy responded.

" Thanks, buddy!" He said fake cheery.

" Lemme ask you something. Did you really put her liver in the mailbox cause I heard they put her liver in the mailbox!" Randy joked with a weird ass voice.

I rolled my eyes and decided that was my cue to go. As I walked toward the school, I heard Stu make some joke about a liver