Yes

~~Lexa's POV~~

I was always told love is weakness. I believed this to be true. Then why did Clarke saying it to me make me feel like I was flying, like anything was possible.

'Um, I ... I errr' was all Clarke managed to get out after what she just admitted to me. She was avoiding eye contact and let go of me. 'You love me?' I asked, unsure if she meant it. 'Well, yeah. I guess I do', there it is again the feeling in my stomach.

~~Clarke's POV~~

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. That was all I was thinking after what I said. It's true, I do love Lexa but I don't want to scare her away, I know she thinks love is weakness.

We are just standing now, looking at each other, not knowing what to say. I see that she is thinking and does not know what to do next. After a few minutes of silence, I walk over to her slowly. We are standing a few inches apart now and I look up to her and say 'I love you Lexa, I know you don't believe in love but I do. And I understand if you want to leave'. Her blue eyes look over me, for once, I cannot read them, i do not know what she is thinking and it scares me. She is going to leave me is all I can think. 'I am also, weak for you Clarke'. Wait. What. Lexa saying she is weak for me, is her saying she loves me. The next thing I know, Lexa's lips are locked on to mine. The kiss is slow at first then our mouths find a perfect rhythm. We continue like this until we need air. When we part, I see Lexa looking at me with soft, loving eyes. I see Lexa, not commander or Heda, I see her, a 17 year old girl, the girl I fell for.

----------------------------------- A few hours later ----------------------------------

~~Lexa's POV~~

We were sat on my bear skin rug near the fire eating the boar we brought with us. We talked for a long time after admitting our love to each other. 'Would you like any more meat, Clarke?' I ask. We have been silent for a moment. But it was not awkward, the silence said everything we couldn't at the time. 'No, thank you' she replied. We finish the food already cooked. We are laying on the rug, my arm tucked under my head for support and Clarke laying hers on my stomach. I wish I could stay like this forever.

Clark rolls over so we are now face to face, our body's fitting perfectly together. I brush her golden hair from her eyes. I take hold of her neck and bring her down to kiss her. My hands are playing with her hair as hers as placed on my hips. Every now and then one of us lets put a, not-so-silent moan. The kiss has deepened and our body's are moving in similar movements. Her hands are making their up my shirt. Then, I pull away from her.

'What's wrong?' She asks, slightly out of breath. 'Nothing is wrong', 'then why don't you want to do this?' She asks in a more serious tone. 'Because, Clarke, in my culture, sexual intercourse must only be conducted with whom you are going to court with' I explain. 'You mean, we have to be married before anything can happen?' I shake my head in return before replying 'no, it is our way of 'proposing' as your people would call it' 'oh'.

~~Clarke's POV~~

We lay back down, this time she is resting her head in my neck and mine in top of her head. I'm running my fingers through her hair while she draws patterns on my stomach. When she stops I look down to meet her eyes. He is still buried in my neck, not looking at me when she says 'courting, would not be the worst idea'. I jump up, causing Lexa to fall face down on the floor. 'Wait, are you asking me to marry you Lexa?' She stands up, adjusts her clothes, she takes my hand and says 'yes, Clarke. I would like nothing less than to spend the rest of my life with you. You are my strength and my weakness, you are strong and an amazing leader so I asked Octavia about your people's traditions for this 'marriage' thing, so ...' Lexa lets go of my hand, gets down on one knee, tears are filling my eyes and I can see the same thing is happening to Lexa. 'I love you, Clarke of the sky people, will you marry me?'. She is holding a ring out, it looks like it is made from some sort of metal and a jewel which I recognise used to be on her dagger.

~~Lexa's POV~~

'Yes', those words begin ringing in my ears as Clarke jumps on me, kissing me all over my face. She said yes. I put he ring in Clarke's finger, the one Octavia told me it goes on. We are both crying, unable to form a complete sentence, she is my weakness and my strength.

We have been sat, our limbs combined and our fingers interlocked when Clarke turns to me and says 'I love you, Lexa. I know you must have been nervous asking Octavia about our traditions' I nod in response. 'So, how about we respect your cultures ways and 'conduct sexual intercourse", she begins to laugh, I know she is mocking the way I explained my traditions to her, but I love her.

She is still laughing but suddenly stops when I push her down so her back is on the ground and I'm sitting on her hips. I start by kissing her, soft at first then I start kissing her jaw line and then her neck, going towards her collar bone, then to her chest. Everything after that is between myself and Clarke.

Once we returned to camp a few days later we told both of our people and the majority were accepting and congratulated us. A few members of the Skai people, including Abby, Clarke's mother were hesitant about us being together. But that will change over time. We make each other strong which makes our people strong, we protect each other we help each other and care for each other. We love each other.

{Thank you all for reading this. It was my first fanfic so tell me how you thought it was, should it phage been longer, shorter, you tell me. Thank you once again for reading, I may begin to write more Clexa fanfic, but you never know}