Chapter 7-The Great Divide

Yet again we stopped  so we can set up camp but the sky had turned cloudy and that the clouds reflected the dying sun. I looked around to see the tent being jostle around from the inside as a rolled up tarp was next it. Only then did I realized Sokka was inside the tent trying to assemble it. I could even hear him grunting and fussing as he tries to fix our shelter. Usually the one who does the tent assembling is me. Sokka just look like a goffer trying to get out. While Kataara was holding some fire wood. Even though the other day she said something that was uncalled for I still haven't talked  to her about it. I am not a coward. Its just that she needs to have time to reflect. 

"umm Sokka aren't you forgetting the tarp?" Kataara said as she points at the rolled up tarp.

"right...Got it." he says as he takes the tarp and throws it inside the tent.

"Sokka, you're supposed to put the tarp on top of the tent. You know, so we don't get rained on?"  Kataara said as she stares at him. I don't really reply even though at this point the tarp should be on the tent since it will rain.

"Ordinarily, you'd be right, but seeing how it's the dry season, you're not. Besides that tarp makes a pretty warm blanket." He replies. It would be pretty dry but that is not gonna happen it going to rain at some point.

"But what if it does rain?" She gesture to Sokka.

"What if it doesn't? Then I would have put up the tarp for nothing." He says exasperated as he was waving his hands.

"Your infuriating." Kataara says as she stomps to him. "Tell him Manu that the tarp should be set up with the tent." 

"No Manu tell her Manu that its dry tonight its going to be cold." He looks at me. All I could do is stare at them.

"I have no comment." I say as I walk away.

"I guess Manu still doesn't want to talk to you." Sokka said as they watched go to feed Appa.

"i guess so." Kataara said sadly.

"well Kataara back to where we left off, why don't you worry about gathering firewood, because that kindling is looking pretty sorry." he said.

"Well if you don't like my firewood...." Kataara said as she throws a stick at Sokka which return he got angry and stands up to only being hailed out by a bunch of sticks being thrown at him.

"Well fine by me. If you don't want to do your job." he screams as he tears down the tent.

"Okay, I got the grub if you guys got the-" Aang said when he came to notice that Sokka and Kataara look away in anger, "  hey, where's the campfire? And what happened to the tent?"

"Why don't you ask Miss Know-It-All, Queen of the Twigs." Sokka mocked.

"Oh yeah? Well, you're Mister Lazy Bum, King of the..." Kataara mocks back as she picks up one stick and throws it at him, "TENTS."

Aang looks at me to get my side of the story. "Manu what happened here."

"Well All I can say that is those two idiots can't seem to come to an agreement." I tell one. "One saying the tent should have a a tarp. The other saying the tarp should be a blanket then comments that the fire wood is looking kind of stupid." I tell him.

"Oh. I get it now." Aang said noticing that I still am angry at Kataara.

"Okay, listen guys, harsh words won't solve problems, action will. Why don't you just switch jobs?" He suggested as he just laughs.

"Sounds good." Kataara agreed. While Sokka just Said, "Whatever."

"You see that? Settling feuds and making peace, all in a day's work for the Avatar." He gloated as we see Momo and Appa fighting over a watermelon.