Chapter 6-Jet

It has been days until we found a spot to land and set up camp till the next day. We settled into the forest. I was putting stuff away getting ready to head out while Momo here was chasing a bug through the forest. While he tried to get the bug he ended up finding a pile of lychee nuts.

"Momo, don't you dare try to get it. It booty trap." I say knowing that there was no way some lychee nuts would be in a perfect pile. They might be poachers around here but by the way those traps were planted it must be the fire nation. Yet Momo didn't want to listen as he runs toward it then he got pulled into a circle type cage. "Told you so."

"let me get help." I say as I ran back to hear Aang, "Where Momo?"

As he sees three more animals caged up, "It seems Momo not the only one who got fool by a pile of Lychee nuts. Momo also got trap in one of those." I told him.

"Thanks Manu. Hold On Momo" Aang exclaims as he airbends to the top of the tree, jumping from trunk-to-trunk to get higher. He finds the traps' mechanisms, undoes them, and carefully lowers Momo to the ground where Kataara and Sokka are waiting. They open the trap together and the lemur runs out with one of the lychee nuts in his mouth.  Me, Kataara and Sokka look on as Momo gets on his hind legs and eats it as though nothing has happened. Sokka grunts in frustration and facepalms. When Aang lands, he looks up to see the other two animals seemingly crying out to him for help.

"Aang you should also set them free." I tell him, "I feel bad for them."

"Alright you guys too." he said as Sokka got a better idea.

"this will take forever." He says as he threw his boomerang to simply cut them free.

"that works." Aang says when he finally got to them. As the animals that we freed all went their separate ways. And as everyone gathers around two of the traps and Sokka kneels down to examine them. By the looks of those traps, I knew it when I first saw it I knew it had to be fire nation trap.

"These are fire nation traps." Sokka said as he examined closer, " you can tell from the metalwork. We should go back to camp and pack up, and get moving." We started to walk back to camp and started to gather our things unto Appa.

"No we should not use Appa this time." Sokka said as he saw us getting on.

"Huh. But why?" Aang asked confused.

"Sokka I don't think that wise." I tell him, "Either way we still be facing the fire nation soldier no matter what we do."

"No Manu. I know what I am doing. Think about it: Somehow Prince Zuko and the Fire Nation keep finding us. It's because they spot Appa, he's just too noticeable." He points to Appa trying to get us to see his point. But I can't Cause Appa still noticeable no matter up in the air or the bottom. He still easy to spot. 

"What No. Appa not too noticeable." Kataara said.

"But I hate to tell you but Appa is noticeable. He like the only bison to ever roam this earth as of now." I tell her.

"See Manu sees what  I mean." he says.

"Not exactly. I do understand that he is noticeable. But that doesn't make it that He is not hard to find." I tell him.

"But Manu he is a He's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head! It's kinda hard to miss him! " he shouts as he points to Appa who in turn Yawns.

"That's Okay Appa. Sokka just jealous that he doesn't have an arrow on his head." He tells him.

"Or maybe he jealous that he can't fly." I joked.