Search for the Prince

"Lady Alys, you and Galahad search the lower floors, starting with the kitchens. Meet up with Sir Gawain and Sir Percival at the armoury," Sir Bedivere commands, immediately taking charge of the situation. He gives orders to all the knights in attendance.

Galahad and Lady Alys jump into action. They rush to the part of the castle they were assigned and go room by room. With each room they search, dread and the reality of the situation creeps closer.

The closer the siblings get to Sirs Gawain and Percival, the more hope sinks into a pit of despair. They know if they nor the knights find Prince Lohot, there will be war with whoever kidnapped the prince. The long peace after Uther Pendragon's death has a chance to be ended. This is not what the siblings want, but they will avenge their stolen prince if the need arises.

A grunting and groaning startles Lady Alys. The noise doesn't sound human, nor does it sound like a dog getting its knockoff. Galahad steps into the hall and gives his sister a look that tells her he heard that too. Weaponless Lady Alys grabs a spear from an empty suit of armour.

Empty suits of armour are commonly found near or right outside the armoury. Something that makes getting dressed in an attack easier. If a knight cannot reach the armoury, he will have armour and a weapon within easy access.

Galahad slides his sword out of its sheath. Together the siblings advance towards the turn in the hall. Lady Alys keeps her spear pulled close. She rounds the corner and nearly impales Sir Gawain. Sir Gawain shrieks as he stumbles away from the pointy end of the spear.

"Do you truly hate me?" Sir Gawain asks his intended. The knight takes that moment to bring his heart rate down.

Lady Alys chuckles. "Not likely,"

"Not likely? That's not an answer. Yes or no is what I'm after, love,"

"No, I don't hate you," Lady Alys smiles. She raises the lance to her side, away from the knight she nearly impaled.

Sir Gawain squints at her to make sure she's not lying. The knight and Lady know they are in deep, and a little joke won't harm them. Sir Gawain goes on to say I'm glad you don't hate me. I'd hate to have to find a new lady to court, I am rather fond of you, but instead, Galahad screams.

Lady Alys whirls around, spear held at the ready in case her brother got himself into trouble, which could be the case. Galahad does find himself in trouble a lot, usually with Sir Bedivere. But not this time.

"Why on earth did you scream?" Lady Alys asks her younger brother. She raises the lance to her side like her sister does with her staff.

Galahad points at a dagger embedded in the wall. Attached to the blade is a note. Not a lengthy message you may find on a notice board. No, this note is short and bitter.

Lady Alys and Sir Gawain walk closer to Galahad and the dagger. Nearly a foot above Lady Alys is where the blade embedded itself in the stone wall—the same approximate height as Galahad's eyes. If the young Lady were to reach up and grab the dagger, she would find her palm easily reaching the hilt.

The young lady asks how she missed that.

"You're allowed to make mistakes. You're not a knight," Sir Gawain states, examining the dagger's hilt from where he is. The blade is not from Camelot. The dragon sigil isn't engraved on the pommel. No sigil is engraved on the dagger. There's no way for the knight to know who the owner is.

Master Merlin or one of his apprentices could if they had the dagger. The dagger will have to go to Master Merlin. Hopefully, the sorcerer is still with the King and queen.

"I didn't ask you, Sir Gawain,"

"But I was the one who answered," Sir Gawain states, grabbing the dagger. The knight grunts as he pulls the dagger free. He slides the note out from the blade.