Chapter 21 - Mukuro Hoshimiya

"Stop freaking out, you're fine no one's dead."

"Oh..."

"Thank goodness. I thought he actually died."

That's right. In reality, only Shidou's volumetric hologram was hit. Shidou embarassingly stood back up as Syouji assisted him.

"Perhaps she's still agitated by DEM's assault. I wouldn't be surprised if she suddenly heard a voice behind her and thought it was an enemy. Let her know we mean no harm."

"Right. My turn then." Syouji said, stepping forward as Shidou backed away as his projection went away.

"Please calm down. We mean you no harm."

"...huh?" The girl looked expressionlessly at Syouji and inclined her head in confusion. At that moment, for some reason, Syouji felt as if he could see his younger self staring back at him. Yes, back then, his expressions were the same.

Immediately after however, the blonde girl immediately flew towards the pile of rubble, accelerating past Syouji.

"Hmm?" Syouji's body tensed up instinctively as he shifted his stance.

"Don't! like I said I mean no harm to you!"

Syouji shouted as the girl, accelerated towards him. It was true that he meant no harm toward her, it seems she did not share the same intentions as she used her staff to ruthlessly pulverize his head, again as his body instinctively moved out of the way.

Although it was a strange feeling as he was unable to use his heightened spatial awareness since he was not actually in space.

"Guh— Dammit you don't listen do you?!"

Syouji shouted as she sent fragments of scrap metal towards him in high speeds as Syouji used acrobatic movements to dodge and weave out of the way making use of his Spiritually reinforced body.

"Listen to me!"

"..."

She looked at him expressionlessly as rays of light shot out towards Syouji who was too slow to dodge as he was unable to use his power to teleport.

"Ugaaahh!!" Syouji mourned as his body was torn to pieces.

"This girl... she gave me quite a workout." Syouji said with a slight smile as Reine touched her chin lost in thought.

"Hmm... I didn't expect her to be so violent. It looks like using the hologram was the right choice."

"—Alright I'm going in again," Shidou said as he stepped forward. The girl was engrossed in the twins regenerative body. She gave a bewildered yet unexpressive face, but her movements were now changing.

"—Inconceivable. Why dost thou not die?" Her intonation lacked modulation, but even so, she had finally replied in a way unrelated to combat.

"Ah!" Shidou gave an exaggerated nod. "We wanted to talk to you so I placed a three-dimensional projection here."

"Verily, which is why I implore you to cease your attacks, most especially when other people are in the middle of their words."

When they said that, the girl then used the front end of her staff to wave through their bodies as if to inspect them.

"Three-dimensional projection, you say? Inconceivable in sooth. Better in my mind not undertook."

"O-Oh? What?" Shidou tilted his head in confusion.

"In any case, if you don't mind, may I know your name?" Syouji asked as the girl stopped waving her staff.

"Mine name? It matters naught. 'Tis Mukuro. Hoshimiya Mukuro."