𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

- 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

"WE WOULD SUGGEST PUTTING ROBIN into a psychiatric facility for her own safety," the psychiatrist, dr. keoghan, stated, from the foot of robin's hospital bed, "in her notes, it says that she has a therapist but hasn't been going for months now, which possibly why her mental health has declined this much."

robin gulped anxiously looking down at her hands as she twiddled her thumbs avoiding the looks from sam, kirby and gale.

"and if she doesn't want to?"

"we're not going to force her, as we can see she has a good support system surrounding her," dr. keoghan said, glancing between each of the women, "but if she isn't going to be admitted, we will have to make her therapy sessions mandatory; three times a week."

"three times a week?" robin repeated, quirking an eyebrow at the man in front of her, "don't you think that's excessive?"

"robin," sam sighed out, "you tried to kill yourself."

robin squeezed her eyes closed looking over at the girl in annoyance, "yeah, i'm fucking aware of that sam." she spat at the brunette before slumping back into her bed.

"alongside this, according to your therapist notes it's safe to say we think you may have a borderline personality."

"what does that mean?"

dr. keoghan cleared his throat before looking at the young girl earnestly, "someone with a borderline personality often experience emotional instability, have a pattern of impulsive behaviours and tend to engage with intense but unstable relationships."

robin bit down on her tongue as she took in his words and her stomach churned in disgust falling from his mouth - because they were true.

her eye's fogged over with tears and she turned away from everyone, hiding her face in her pillow, "i want to go home." she mumbled, looking over at kirby.

the blonde woman nodded, rubbing her thumb along the girls knuckles softly in comfort, "you can be discharged whenever you'd like but we have to set up a meeting to organise therapy seasions."

kirby nodded glancing down at robin's sullen face, "sure."

gale turned to the younger woman, offering her a small smile which kirby attempted to return but couldn't. gale had really started to admire kirby as a person, not many people would adopt a teenager with as many problems as robin and stick around.

"she's going to be okay kirby," gale said trying to reassure kirby, "she's a strong kid."

robin's eyes flickered over to gale before looking back at kirby, "three therapy sessions a week?"

"three a week."

robin nodded finally, agreeing with the idea mainly because she wanted to show the people who cared for her that she was stronger than everything she had been through.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

ROBIN AND KIRBY HAD RETURNED back to their apartment which felt oddly unfamiliar considering how long they had each been living there. robin sat on the couch watching criminal minds as she sipped on the tea kirby had made to warm her up.

the older woman stood in the kitchen singing along to the music playing from her phone as she made a quick dinner for the pair.

robin's phone buzzed in her hand and she opened it seeing mindy's contact making a smile ghost her lips, "hey mindy, whats up?"

"hey, how are you? are you okay? do you need me to bring you anything?" she asked frantically down the phone.

"i'm fine mindy," she chuckled softly, "i've got kirby, and she is being more protective that usual - for good reason."

mindy laughed at the girls words, realising that the old robin was going to be back soon, "i'm so glad you're okay, and that you're alive."

"me too, mindy."

"i love you so much."

"i love you too," robin's heart warmed at the affection her friend was showing her, "you should come over soon, if you want. i need help redoing my room."

"yes! absolutely!"

kirby poked her head out from the kitchen, "you're changing your room?" she asked, and robin nodded quickly saying bye to mindy.

"yeah, is that okay?"

"thats more than okay," kirby smiled at her, "can i ask why?"

robin shrugged simply, "there's just a lot of bad memories attached to the room and i need to change everything."

kirby nodded understandingly as she sat next to the girl, "okay."

robin turned her attention back to the tv and kirby draped her arm over robin's shoulder pulling her into her side, "this show is super unrealistic, you know that right?"

"don't ruin the fantasy, kirby."

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
published: 10.4.23
edited:

@-junebloom, 2023