Atsushi ate candy

Start from the beginning

(Present time, Atsushi pov, Armed detectice agency)

I was working on something on my computer then Ranpo yelled to me. To come over. I stud up from my desk and walked to his.
"I have to work on something with Dazai but don't want to so you go"
My face looked very confused and I tried to convince him to go himself as I still have things I have to work on. But he said no to everything and so I ended up being waved at by Dazai who already stud ready besides the door. I awkwardly waved back and with a sigh started walking to him.

The case was pretty easy just catching a drug dealer in some alley. We were outside of the alley then Dazai heard something so he stoped me and said to be careful because someone is there. I nodded and was about to take another step then someone ran past me. They were fast but I with my ability faster. So I quicly stretched my tiger paw out and succesfuly caught the person. I hold them to the ground while they strugled to come out of my embrace. Finally Dazai walked closer to us and somehow put the handcuffs on the person I was holding.

With a relief I lifted my body from the I assume the dealer and started to shake off the dirt from my pants for we were on the ground after all. The person had their head lowered all the time while Dazai asked them questions, that they didn't even bother to answer.
"Ughhhhh Atsushi! You try it I can't get any information out of him!!!"
I agreed awkwardly as I never did it before but was interupted.
"Atsushi?"
I thought it was Dazai so I asked "what" but weirdly it wasn't him. So I looked at the dealer because he was the only other person there besides Dazai and me. He lifted his head and I found his face weirdly familiar? His face from a very serious one quicly changed to a one a child would have after their balloon flew away.
"Wahhhhhh! Atsushi it's realy you!?????"
It startled me a little.
"Uhm.. Yes my name is Atsushi?"
He stoped sobbing and looked suprised before speaking again.
"Atsushi it's me Mikhail! We were in the same orphanage!"
I sudenly remembered everything, it's Mikhail the only friend I ever had back in the orpanage. How could I forget about him? My eyes startes to water as well and Dazai seemed to notice as he put his hand on my shoulder and asked if I'm okay. But I ignored him and went tl hug Mikhail.
"Mik! I'm so happy to see you again!"
We stayed like this just whining and saying how much we missed each other for a while until Dazai pulled me off by my colar and said to maybe go somewhere else if we wanted to continue. Because more people are starting to apear neer the alley. I agreed and helped Mik up before taking his still handcuffed hand and starting to walk.

We ended up going back to the agency.

As soon as the three of us entered the office Kunikida started yelling asking if this is the drug dealer we were suposed to catch. As always hearing someone scream made me jump up a bit, and normaly it would be nothing but Mik steped in.
"Why are yalling at them? Your scaring Atsushi"
Kunikida stoped screaming and looked at me then looked at Mik.
"I'm yalling because they were late and why do you even care?"
"Them being late doesn't give you any right to yell at them and to your information I care because I know Atsushi and he's getting acared almost of everything so you screaming at him will probably make him like cry!!!"
He screamed into Kunikida's face before turning to me and smiling, I mumbled that I'm not getting scared so easy anymore to what Mikhail chukled a little.

Kunikida told us to get Mikhail to to the interrogation room and so me and Dazai took him there. As we entered Dazai took off his handcuffs and said to me to wait there for some time with Mik and watch him while his gone. With that he left the room leaving me and Mik alone.

The black haired sat at one of the two chairs besides the desk in the middle of the room and gestured for me to do the same. So I walked to his direction and sat on the floor besides him.
"You still like siting on the floor eh?"
He asked giggling, I nodded embarrassed and hid my head inside my hands.
"Well no wonder after all you were never allowed to sit on chairs...uhm never mind"
He tried to laught it off but I lifted my head from my hands a little, with a sad expresion as I got flashbacks from the orphanage. Then I felt something wrap around my shoulders and as I turned my head to the left I saw Mik siting next to me on the ground wraping his arm around me.
"Uhm... So how have you been?"
He said awkwardly, i put my head back on my knees and answered that a lot better obviously.