26.

Neteyam and Ivä have been doing really good ever since mating. They both told their families. Everyone was happy for them. Ronal mentioned for them to have their own Mauri, since they are mates.

Tonowari , Jake, and Neytiri all thought it was a good idea. Mainly because they didn't want to hear the couple making out in the middle of the nights when they would spend the night with each other.

Ivä already had a Mauri of her own, so it worked out perfectly. All Neteyam needed to do was move his stuff into their new home.

Jake offered to help Neteyam move his stuff, which Neteyam gladly accepted.

It was now eclipses and Jake and Neteyam were down to the last two things.

Neteyam and Jake were walking to the Mauri making small talk on the way. When it would get silent, Neteyam would look up at the stars.

But, he kept seeing a oddly bright star. Just like the star he saw the night him and Ivä mated. He wondered if it could be a planet.

Why would it be a planet? Wouldn't I have already seen it before? He thought.

Or maybe it could be a special star. Like his father told him and Lo'ak during stories, a shooting star.

Shooting stars? No. You're crazy. Maybe dad knows what it is.

"Hey dad?" Neteyam said still looking at the "star".

"Yeah?" Jake asked looking over at him.

"Why is that star brighter than all of the others?" Neteyam asked looking at Jake.

Jake looked up to where Neteyam was looking and he felt his stomach drop. His breath hitched as he stopped walking. He just stared at the star. Wishing, hoping, it wasn't what he thought it was.

"Oh shit." Jake said just above a whisper.

"Dad? What it is? What's wrong? Neteyam asked worriedly, stopping next to Jake.

"Neteyam. The sky people found us." Jake said looking at Neteyam. He was scared. Scared for his family. Scared for this clan.

"What? I thought we escaped them?" Neteyam asked looking up at the sky again. He didn't want to deal with anymore pain, anymore fear, he wanted to keep his family safe. But he can't do that with the sky people on their asses everywhere they go.

"I did too son. I have to go talk to Ronal and Tonowari tomorrow. They aren't going to be too happy with this. Neither is your mother." Jake said rubbing his temple.

"Come on, it's getting late." Jake nodded his head in the direction they were walking. He was trying to change the subject.

Finally, they arrived at Ivä's and Neteyam's shared Mauri. Ivä wasn't there. Where was she?

Jake and Neteyam put the boxes down and said their goodbyes. But Jake turned back to Neteyam and looked around, making sure no one could hear them.
He walked over to Neteyam quickly.

"Get ready for war, son." Jake whispered out. And with that, Jake turned around quickly, and left.

War? War! No! No war. I don't want to be in another war. I'm tired of fighting. I just want to have a good, happy life with my family, with Ivä. I don't want my family to get captured again. Seeing Tuk scared shitless. She's only seven. I'm tired of war.

Neteyam was knocked out of his thought from Ivä running into their Mauri. She was out of breath. But she looked worried. Scared.

"N-Neteyam!" She yelled out.