43 | 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟𝐟

November 5, 2014

I walk around the hideout, looking into every room and saluting the few assassins roaming around. This hideout is thankfully smaller than the one in Peru, but the patterns of the walls are still confusing enough to make me wonder if I've already crossed this common area.

I ignore my sense of direction and end up coming inside a room, where two computers are opened and working, one with what appears to be a blank page, ready to be used, and another on some kind of server. The hunched back of the owner is seen on the chair, looking for something on a backpack beside the desk. The tidiness of the room is enough for me to know who inhabits this workplace.

I sneak behind him, his figure coming up and sitting straight again, opening a book and setting it on the desk, adjusting his falling glasses and bringing close a bottle of water.

"Let's see.. flower, how the? Oh God, okay, uh.. ilou? No that's not an 'i' stupid. Loulou.. fucking.." He cusses out and tries again.

My heart beats fast at the recognition of the words, he's trying to learn tongues?. I silently approach him and watch many other words over his shoulder, feeling happy for what he's trying to do.

"Louloúdi. You have to put strength on the letter 'u', otherwise, not matter how hard you try, you'll never get it right. It's all about pronunciation and strength." He jumps and closes the book, tossing it on the desk and turning to me, eyes wide as saucers. I smile at his fright.

"Dei—Deimos, how you—how you've been, such a.. long time, I don't.. hi." I smirk at his reaction, eyes bobbing everywhere but me and a hand going to his hair.

"Since when did you have a knack at learning Greek? I don't remember this book being in your extensive collection." He clears his throat, a hand reaching out and moving the book away from me, moreover on top of a piece of paper, covering whatever it is written on it.

"I.. decided to learn something new! I know everything that's got to do with history, why not something different for a change? Besides, it's a good way to kill time as well." He moves his chair forward, setting off to work on the next database.

"I didn't mean to make you leave your lesson, I'll go so you can continue." I start to walk off, getting stopped by his turning figure and smooth voice calling out to me.

"How do you say that again? I can.. well I can speak other words, but that one's a pain in the arse, no offense." I get closer to him, teaching him how to pronounce his elected word.

"Lou-loú-di. Treat the word more as if you're saying a name, Lou, two times, but in the second one, you're going to add some force to the 'u' to make it standout more. My best advice would be to practice the words by strength first, get to know which is the letter that has this power over the rest. Once you have that letter dominated, you can proceed with pronunciation, always reading carefully, it's easy to mistake an 'i' for an 'l'." He gets flustered at the end, not previously knowing that I heard when he mistook them.

"Thank you, Deimos. I'll keep that in mind. Oh and uh, I was gonna ask.. are you.. busy?." I think over to the things I could do, none coming to mind since I don't have an actual position like the rest.

"Not really, why?." He springs up from his chair, leaving his computers unattended.

"Do you.. want to go around and meet London? I swear it's more than just tall buildings." He excuses himself making me furrow my brows in worry.

"Won't the Templars see us through the city cameras?." He walks over and grabs a thick jacket by the hood, I mentally punch myself by the absurd question.

"The good thing about this time of year it that it snows and rains all the time, which means every single person is wearing hoods. They won't see us, I promise. So, what do you say?." I can't really say no to his childlike grin, brown eyes sparkling in the dim light of the room, the lightbulb being faulty.