11

A hand suddenly grabbed Athanasia's wrist, startling her. 

  "Gaaahh!!" She screamed.

  "Ah, that must be when I caught the princess itself sneaking in the kitchen." Lily shook her head.

  Lily's eyes widened, "Princess! Your presence is requested." Lily said, confusing the princess.

  The screen switched to the outside of the palace. There, unfamiliar maids bowed politely. "It's an honour to serve princess Athanasia."

  "The Emperor must've assigned them to the princess." Ijekiel said. Lucas rolled his eyes, 'Obviously.'

  'W-what's with all this?' Athanasia thought to herself.

  The red-haired knight stepped up to the front and kneeled.

  "Felix Robaine, at your service." Felix introduces himself.

  He raised his head to look at the princess in front of him. "I will be your temporary royal guard starting from today, my Princess." The maids squeaked when the knight showed his deary-smile.

  Anastacius chuckled. "Looks like you're quite a popular one." Felix hid his face in embarrassment when he heard the previous Emperor's remark.

  "We…" Lily looked around, unsure of what she should say. "We are grateful for his Majesty's concern but how could we have Sir Felix as a guard…"

  'What's with this last minute compensation?' Athanasia sweatdropped. 'What about when I fell in the water?'

  Felix just smiled at them.

  'I know that Sir Robaine is a looker, but now I understand why the maids were always talking about him.' Lily thought.

  "His Majesty's intention is to cherish the princess and treat her well."

  "Is that really his intention?" Lucas asked, voicing out their thoughts.

  "D-Does he now?" Lily asked, not convinced.

  'Treat her well…?' The maids thought, unsure if the words that came out from the Royal Guard is sure to trust.

  "I wasn't lying…" Felix said. 'But considering how His Majesty abandoned the princess… He understood well their unsure feeling.'

  "His Majesty is preparing an official guard for the princess so I won't be here long." Felix explained.

  "It's an honor to serve you, my Princess."

  "I'm excited! I'm sure there will be a lot more interactions of His Majesty and the princess." Jennette said to Ijekiel.

  "Yeah, we will be able to see how the princess grew." He smiled.

  The screen showed the princess pouting her lips.

  'How cute…'

  "I wanna see Hannah and Ces." Athanasia said in demand.

  'I guess the princess is already living in the Emerald Palace.' Ijekiel thought.

  "If you wish to see them again, surely you will." Lily tried to comfort the princess.

  "When?"

  "Umm… After ten days?" This irked the princess.

  "I feel bad…" Lily 

  'That Claude!!' 

  "... That Claude?" Claude was flabbergasted.

  'He didn't send in additional maids, he switched the old one's!' Athanasia shouted in mind.