8

'... Maybe nine-year-old athanasia was tested by Claude as well. It's just not depicted in the book.'

  "Hmm…" Anastacius hummed in doubt. "Well, his majesty rarely spent time with her in the book so it would be impossible for them to have time and to make his Majesty test the princess."

  'What should I do? What can I do?'

  "Princess…"

  Claude continued to tap his finger on the table making the princess more uneasy in each second.

  Lucas rested his chin on his palm, waiting in anticipation. 

  Athanasia opened her trembling mouth to speak.

  "F-father?" Athanasia couldn't help but stutter.

  Everyone leaned forward, curious about how Claude would react about his daughter calling him 'father'.

  The princess immediately shut her mouth, regretting what she had said. She stayed on her seat, not moving an inch while waiting for the Emperor to speak.

  But inside her mind was a total mess. 'Of all things I could have said, father?!'

  The screen showed the princess floating around, shouting the word 'father'. 'Let it be known that I've dug my own grave.'

  Everyone in the room gave the princess a worried look.

  'So, that's what she was thinking about that time.' Claude thought.

  'Supreme and noble Majesty, the Emperor of the great Obelian Empire.'

  'I should have just kissed his feet…'.

  "Princess!" Lily exclaimed. "Please, don't…"

  "Hmm?" Claude only tilted his head, confusing the princess.

  This made some of them in the room look confused as the Princess.

  'W-what? Didn't I just have an epic fail?' Athanasia confusedly thought.

  'Huh? Wait up… come to think of it…'

  "Hmm?" Anastacius thought, curious about what his niece was thinking.

  'Claude liked Jennette right?'

  "I never did." Claude said out loud. "Your Majesty, the princess meant in the novel…"

  Jennette appeared on the screen, she was smiling brightly just as her blue jeweled eyes shined.

  'I couldn't deny that Ms. Margarita has a charm.' Lily thought, smiling slightly.

  'Then, if that's the case… If I'm just drawing his attention…'

  "... Papa?"

  This made Claude smiled slightly. 

  Athanasia's heart began thumping rapidly when Claude didn't respond.

  Claude raised his head. 'GAAAHHH! Why won't he respond?'

  'Now I have no other choice!'

  Lucas leaned forward.

  Athanasia smiled brighter than before, "Papa!" She exclaimed, her smile reaching her eyes. 

  "Oh my!" Lily exclaimed, obviously affected by the princess' cuteness. 

  Jennette covered her mouth. "It's a blessing to see the princess' cuteness…"