Tension had been brewing between him and his eldest brother for long. He found Vrishasena's surprising chirpiness about their situation rather shameful. He was fully aware of the situation down south and yet he shut down any attempts on anyone's part to discuss, debate or even sympathise. He would masterfully change the subject to mundane things without the slightest hesitation. Those moments grated on Satyasena's conscience, but nevertheless, he kept mum.

"What is it, Elder Brother?"

"What do you think?"

Satyasena jumped off the rock and turned towards Vrishasena, crossing his arms in frustration. The beginnings of anger were visible on both his face and his voice.

"Well, we spent two hours in silence, so I am not sure what has changed suddenly that you want to talk about now."

"I need you to stop acting like this."

"Like what?"

"Like an entitled, irritable, self-absorbed brat."

It hurt to hear those words come out of someone whom he loved so deeply. Satyasena trudged up to his brother, his nostrils flaring at the unjustified remark.

"Apologies. I shall make full effort to change, provided of course you stop being insensitive and controlling. But I fear for you that might be an impossible task."

Satyasena strutted past Vrishasena however his arm was roughly pulled by his elder brother who had him in a death-like grip. He looked at his brother in part shock and part anger, but there was a determination in Vrishasena's eyes that caused any riposte he had on his lips to freeze.

"I am begging you, Satyasena. Do not make things more difficult than it needs to be."

"Well, forgive me for taking time to adjust to our new home and surroundings."

"It has been a year. Get over it."

"Dear God!" they both turned to their left, where Chritasena stood eyeing the two of them in shock. He was huffing slightly, he had probably jogged till here. Wiping the sweat off his brow, he remarked with great disdain, "Must we engage in this level of deplorable disagreement?"

"Sometimes we must abandon decency when it does no good."

"Ah yes, because force does it better? Release him, Elder Brother."

Vrishasena hissed, relinquishing his hold on him. Satyasena jerked his arm back, swallowing back anger that was tethered only by his refusal to be disrespectful to his eldest brother. Clearly, for some reason, Vrishasena had no such qualms. Brotherly bonds be forgotten, he was treating Satyasena like a stable boy, caught being lax with the hay. If he thought that roughing him up would guarantee his compliance, then he was sorely mistaken.

"A year is not enough. It will never be enough." He stated evenly."What am I expected to do here? Just sit and wait around for nothing! Is that the kind of life you want, Vrishasena?"