Chapter XXIII: Transgovs and Crime Bosses

Helix yells as he hides behind the table. "WHY!?!? WHY, JOHN!?!? WHY DID THIS ALL HAPPEN!?!?"

"It was because of that dumbass Princess Peach!!!" yelled John. "We should've listened to Zelda!"

"NOW WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!" sobbed Helix.

In the distance, a crime boss with a Brooklyn accent laughs while he shoots at Sonic with a machine gun, who runs around and dodges it.

"WHY THE HELL IS THIS OUR FIRST ASSIGNMENT!?!" asked Helix, seeing that Mario is knocked out on the ground. "WHYYY!?!?" he sobbed. He looks to his right and sees Luigi on the ground, unconscious as well. "WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?"

Earlier...

"It's been a week since the Battle of Toad Town..." said Helix, drinking some mushroom broth in a cup. "Nearly got killed by the terrifying Koopa Warlord, Emperor Bowser. Currently living in the castle with the dudes and waiting for the worst moment to finally strike."

"Helix... Tomatorio potatorio tomator potar tomatorio!" yelled Mario, who is next to him.

"Yeah, yeah... I'll do the laundry this week..." Helix is revealed to be sharing a room with Mario, Luigi, and Sonic.

Mario is eating mushroom soup.

Luigi is drinking some mushroom coffee.

Sonic is eating some pizza from Earth. "Finally! Some good Earth food!" he sobbed.

"Why are you still here?" asked Helix.

"Robotnik's still in space!" yelled Sonic. "I just went back on Earth, and apparently, everything's fine now, weirdly enough. MABUS had already been defeated."

"Huh... That's weird..." said Helix.

"Yeah..." said Sonic. "Now, we're just... pickin' up the pieces... Tails, Knuckles, and I."

"Great for you, man..." said Helix. "Anyway... I can't believe Peach renounced her own coronation."

"Maybe to make people see... that... y'know... She's more trustworthy than the previous King?" asked Sonic.

"Alright then. Hey, Mario... I heard that Bowser was Peach's ex?"

Mario turns to Helix, squinting his eyes and frowning.

"That's really funny, y'know!? Because I never saw Peach as a... turtle... guy..."

"Just shut the **** up, Helix," said John, in their head.

"R-Right..." said Helix. "So... Uh... Lulu! Yo! Why do you think the meeting later is gonna be about?"

"PIZZA!!!" smiled Luigi.

"Okay. You definitely still have brain damage from that hit from Bowser. What do you think, Sonic?" asked Helix.

"I also think pizza," said Sonic, whose face is stuffed with pizza.

"You obviously weren't listening. Mario? What about you?" asked Helix.

Mario sighs. "Smash Brothers."

"Smash Brothers?" asked Helix. "What the heck are the Smash Brothers?"

"The Champions of Hyrule. Cloud Strife. Tifa Lockhart. Bayonetta. Captain Falcon the Racer. The Duck Hunt Dog (who no one really liked). The Ancient Donkey Kong. Mega Man. The Ancient Meta Knight. The Kirby. Star Fox and his allies-..." Peach spoke in front of Helix, Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Cuphead, Mugman, Amy, Lotus, Daisy, Steve, Alex, Link, Zelda, the King of Terraria, and Bea.