Final Chapter

Magsimula sa umpisa

Hades:
Already here. At the executive parking.

Kaia:
You don't have a pass for that though?

Pinapasok ka ba? I can just come out so it won't be a hassle.

Hindi agad sumagot si Hades kaya sinubukan kong tawagan pero busy ang linya. I turned to Emma who was just browsing her phone.

"Emma, Hadeon is at the exec lot. He doesn't have a pass. Can you go there and make sure he gets in?"

"Okay." Tumayo agad si Emma at agad na lumabas ng dressing room.

I was in the middle of reapplying my lipstick when the door opened again. Emma must've forgotten something. I looked at the doorway through the mirror and I was taken aback when I saw Rowan who scanned the room before entering and completely closing the door behind him.

I calmly closed the cap of my lipstick and stood up to face the unwanted visitor.

To say that I've completely forgotten about him over the week wouldn't be an exaggeration. I was just in my happy bubble with Hades and the tapong that he never crossed my mind. Never thought of planning the perfect revenge.

"Why are you here?" I asked, not hiding the unpleasantness in my tone.

Rowan didn't respond. He searched my face for I didn't know what. Maybe he was trying to find out why I was being unwelcoming.

"You already know," he assessed. Hindi niya na dinugtungan dahil alam naman naming dalawa kung ano ang tinutukoy niya.

I simply cocked a brow. That got him agitated. He anxiously brushed his perfectly styled hair, maybe so soothe his nerves... or guilt.

"Look." He took a step forward. "I'm sorry for what I did, Kaia."

I remained looking at him with a stoic expression. He took that as a sign to continue.

"I just really love her."

Her, meaning Asia.

"I wanted to make her happy." His eyes closed like saying it was painful for him.

He was probably genuinely apologetic, but I couldn't feel an ounce of sympathy. Maybe if he was a better actor.

"You can have another big project if you wanted to. You are a household name. The Asia's sweetheart, Kaia Persephone Ziegler. I know that you can withstand any controversies—"

"You know nothing, Rowan," I sneered. "And you can stop with your written speech, your sorry doesn't mean anything to me."

"We were friends, Kaia."

"You were never my friend. I know that now. Friends don't do what you did to me."

"Is that why you had my projects cancelled and every endorsement I have drop me?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I threw him a puzzled look but quickly recovered and smirked. "Oh. Actually I do. It's something called karma."

Anger brewed on his face. He took quick aggressive strides to close our distance. I was startled when he gripped on my arms.

"Tell them to give me my projects back." His voice was laced with desperation.