{ 28 }

( cw // drinking , throwing up )

karl's fist went straight to jace's face. he wasn't the strongest, but when he was as pissed as he was, he could do some damage.

jace obviously wasn't expecting to be punched and he lost his balance. his hand shot up to his face to cover where karl had punched him.

"tell your crazy jealous parents that their game is over," karl demanded. he gently grabbed george by the arm and turned to walk away. "c'mon, george. we're getting away from this freak."

george took one last look at jace as he walked away, hoping that this would be the last time he would ever see him.

------

a familiar car pulled into the driveway as george laid in the comfort of his room. he was trying to get himself out of this miserable state; he had done what he needed to do with jace, and the first week of him and clay's break was almost over. george had been resisting the urge to text clay about everything that happened with jace. he wanted to give clay the space that he wanted, and he didn't want to seem pushy or be disrespectful.

his parents were home from italy, and now that george thought about it, he wished he would've went with them.

he could hear the front doors opening followed by the sounds of suitcases and bags dropping to the floors. him and his parents were all chronic over-packers, so that went on for a while. the tapping of heels against the marble stairs alerted george to sit himself up and look alive. his mom could not see him looking like he was wasting away.

there were three fast knocks on his door. "george?" his mother dragged out in an excited voice.

"come in," george spoke.

the door swung open and george's mom walked in with her arms wide open, rushing to the bed and engulfing her son in a slightly uncomfortable hug.

"i missed you," she informed as she let george go. hugging when one person was standing up and one person was laying down was not very easy. "you should've came with us, honey."

george replied, "i missed you too." he really did; if he was able to rant to his mom, he would've been handling things a lot better.

but now things were way too complicated to do that- especially because locklyn was involved. he couldn't say anything without his parents trying to take it to court again.

she observed his face for a moment before commenting, "we need to get you in the sun." she reached her hand out to his face. "your skin is getting dull... are you alright?"

of course george's mother would notice that. "i'm fine," he claimed.

"oh no you're not," his mom protested. "what's wrong?"

george sighed, wishing he could talk about it. "there's a lot going on. i don't really wanna talk about it," he settled.

"do you need anything?" she asked.

"no," george replied.

"okay," she frowned, "just let me know." with that, she pressed a kiss to george's forehead and left his room.

george hated feeling like this. when he was down, he would usually just listen to reputation by taylor swift for a few days straight and he'd be back to himself. he knew that wouldn't work this time.

------

clay was falling back into his old bad habits.

it was the middle of the night when he found himself sitting on a curb in his neighborhood with a bottle in his hand. he hadn't done this since that night when alex came over.