2

Genevieve's pov
I sit beside Damon holding his hand as he drives. He's here. He looks my way and smiles and kisses my lips gently. I tell him "fill me in. I want to know what I missed" "when he took you I felt like I lost a part of myself. I turned it off" he sighs. "Damon..." I sigh. He continues "even then I knew I needed to find you. You are my humanity...without you I was nothing but a shell of a person. Eventually I turned it on but I still felt as empty as I was without my emotions off. Klaus came to town because he wanted to break his curse. And he did. We found a loophole to keep Elena alive. He's still in mystic falls terrorizing people and turning hybrids." I ask "and Elijah?"

He sends me a smile "he's awake. Everyone in your family is. Rebekah and Elijah actually helped us find you but couldn't come for the sake of klaus finding out what we are doing" I nod and ask "do you have someone else? Did you ever move on?" He shakes his head "nothing serious. I kept people compelled and it turned into sex and then I rid of them. All of it was a means to an end. None of them compare to you" I nod and say "we've been married 50 years and we only got to be together for 6 months of it"

he sighs "yeah I know. But now we're going to have forever. Just as we planned. Cmon" as he drives his car into the carrier of a plane and I get out the car and he tells me "I have clothes on board for you. There's a shower too" as we meet up with the others. I smile "come show me" he kisses me "you don't have to tell me twice" tossing me over his shoulder and I laugh "Damon!"