Chapter 23- Officially yours

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Don't get used to this, I'm not always sweet.", she said in a very low voice.  Yeah, alam ko naman na hindi laging ganito.  Wala namang permanent sa mundo.  Even her feelings can change any time.  She may like me now, but I don't know tomorrow.

I hugged myself while still leaning on her. I savored every second that we were together, because it might not be the same in the coming days. I still can't shake off the feeling that Uncle Hector and Daddy might still be looking for me.

The information I have is not something to be taken lightly. They will surely find a way to silence me. For now, I don't want that moment to come. I also don't want Adriana to be involved if that time ever comes. I won't allow her to be caught up in my family problems.

"Ang sarap mag stay dito.  Napaka peaceful" I said looking up at the starry night.  Hindi ako magsasawa sa ganda ng kalangitan.

In my peripheral vision, I saw her take a photo of the sky. She took several shots before finally taking a selfie of us without my permission. I quickly grabbed her phone to delete it because I was afraid she might post it and someone might recognize me.

I successfully took her phone, but as I was about to delete the photo, she suddenly snatched it back.

"This is my phone, so you have no right to delete my photos!" she said irritably.

"Pero hindi ka naman nagpaalam na isasama mo ako sa picture" nakakunot-noo kong sabi dito.  Nag-aalala lang talaga ako for my safety, and hers.

"You look good in here.  Don't worry, I'm not gonna post it."  Naiinis na tumayo ito at tumalikod na saakin.  Dali dali ko naman itong sinundan.  I could see that she's disappointed and annoyed at the same time.  Iniisip siguro nito na ayoko magpapicture with her, at ayoko naman na mafeel nito iyon kaya hinabol ko ito at niyakap patalikod.  I felt her body stiffened.

"Sorry na.  Di lang ako sanay magpicture."

"I know, kaya nga when you returned the phone, I noticed that you didn't save any photos in there.  Even messages" 

"H-hindi lang talaga ako mahilig mag picture.  Pasensya na ha" 

Inalis nito ang pagkakayakap ko rito at humarap saakin.

"It's okay.  Next time, I'll ask for your permission first"  she said sighing in defeat. 

I smiled and looked at her lovingly.  Hindi ko na makita yung dating Adriana na mahirap pakisamahan.  She's been improving day after day. 

Ibinigay ko ang kamay ko rito, but she just looked at me.

"Shall we dance?" I asked.  I still remember the moment we danced during the party when we visited the home for the aged.  It was one of the moments I'll never forget.

"But we have no music", she protested.

But she's the music to my ear.  Her voice, her laughter, her breath. 

"Naririnig mo ba yung mga huni ng mga insekto sa paligid?  Sabayan natin sila kahit walang musika"  I smiled and pulled her waist.  When our body pressed, she also held my waist to pulled us closer.

The scene was romantic with the moon shining bright above and the stars twinkling in the sky. The air was cool, and the sound of insects buzzing could be heard in the background.

We stood in the middle of the open space, holding each other close as we swayed to the rhythm of our hearts. The soft pounding of our chest mixed with the sounds of nature, creating a magical ambiance. The dancing continued for hour, with nothing but the night sky and the sounds of insects as witnesses to our beautiful and magical moment.