He performed every dance, he practiced every ritual, and he was sure that he was the damn most connected to their land out of any of his tribemates by now. He'd even brought along the two twigs-for-brains idiots, even if he wanted to spend his Recalling alone. The ritual called for two members who had yet to reach their Quirkquest, and by the spirits, if he wasn't going to make his Quirkquest the best there ever was in their history!

Before his departure, he spoke with the crusty old elders, who all told him of their Quirkquests.

"Who are you again?"

"Don't tell me retirement has made you that dull," Katsuki scoffed as he took a seat across from the bag of bones and kicked his feet up onto the low table. It was perfectly smooth, with floral designs carved along the edges.

"Feet down!" The old man then used his wooden cane and whacked it across Katsuki's legs, making him recoil with a shout. "It's a disrespect to the man who made it!"

"You sure that thing isn't made of stone?" he grumbled as he set his boots on the floor. Personally, Katsuki didn't mind disrespecting Shinji, the resident carpenter. But he relented for the sake of getting his questions answered.

"So," Sorahiko rasped in his prehistoric voice as he settled himself in his low rocking chair. "You're anxious about your coming Quirkquest, and you're here so I can reassure you. Is that it?"

Katsuki grunted and admired the spacious common area. Tapestries of blacks, browns, and reds hung from the walls, each telling a common story; past chiefs, famous heroes of his tribe, and their victories in battle. All were the stories told to him by his father at his bedside when he was barely strong enough to pick up a sword.

"Hey! If I'm going to part with some of my wisdom, you better pay attention to take it!"

His eyes snapped back to the old man.

"Well, if reassurance is what you seek, you'll get none of that here! Quirkquest is your final test to bind your name and spirit with the rest of the tribe. Your Quirkquest will not be easy, as none should be. It is a great decision of what your test will be, and you should take great thought over it." He pushed his stick against the floor to rock himself as he asked, "Do you remember what I chose for my quest?"

He straightened his back and nodded stiffly. "You trained the Great Hero All Might." His heart beat heavily at the thought of the hero known by all.

The elder closed his eyes and chuckled mirthfully, "Only a true fan would know that."

Katsuki pointedly glared out the open window.

"My Quirkquest was an easy one in nature. But it was who I devoted that time to that made the decision all the more difficult." The creaking of the old chair paused. "Toshinori was a bright young man that needed more guidance than he was left with. It was the controversy I left the tribe to sit on that made my quest difficult."

He stole a glance out of the corner of his eye, startled, although not surprised at the casual taboo.

Sorahiko sighed heavily, settling into his old, shriveled body. "May you choose a quest that reveals your spirit to us all."

"So!" Denki pipes up, ripping Katsuki back to the present. "Have you thought about your quest much?"

A growl of annoyance creeps up the back of his throat. "Obviously, I have! That was the whole point of this thing!"

"So...?"

If he were to look back at the boy's face, he was sure he'd see some overly innocent expression.