Return of Infinite

It was a Saturday afternoon after your 2nd date with Shadow. He paid for you to pick out a new outfit and he bought you ice cream. He had a unique taste when it came to ice cream: He had ordered coffee-flavoured ice cream with coffee beans as sprinkles.  That was something you had never witnessed before. Shadow now wanted to take you to a Taylor Swift Hedgehog concert next month, he had bought you a ticket already.  You had agreed to go with him, Amy was also tagging along since she was a Taylor stan. 

Now you were at the beach with Zero, Vanilla and Cream. Vanilla had made a picnic and suggested you went to the beach for the day. You smiled as you watched Cream Sit Zero in her little red wagon and pull him along the beach.  Cream had been taking Zero for wagon rides and teaching him how to build sandcastles all day. 

"Should we go a swim now?" Vanilla suggested, pointing to the part of the ocean that was between the flags.  

"Sounds great, I love seawater." You replied, lifting Zero out of the wagon and heading towards the water. 

You weren't in the water for long because began to cry when he felt the cold water splash him. Going hysterical, he clung to you. Walking out of the water you noticed a cave under a high cliff.  Zero was pointing at the cave.

"Look." He cooed.

Being curious, you sat Zero on your shoulders and peeked in the cave. The cave was almost empty, except somebody was laying on the ground.  You gasped, thinking you had discovered a dead body but noticed the chest move slightly.

"Hey, are you alright?" You called.

Not getting a response, you approached the person. Looking at their features you gasped once again. They looked just like Infinite but without his mask, but it couldn't be he was dead: wasn't he?  Your suspicions were confirmed when you saw the white scar above his eye. He was your former captor and lover.  tears began to drip down your face when you noticed his sucked-in stomach and rib cage.  His beautiful white hair was all matted and brown with dirt, and his tail was covered in the dirt too.  You also noticed all the open cuts and wounds on his body. 

"Infinite!" You screamed, trying to get his attention. 

He opened his eyes and turned his head towards you.

"Y/N!" He mumbled weakly, forcing himself to smile.

You couldn't bear seeing the father of your child suffering like this. The next plan was for you to sneak him back to your room and take care of him. Leaving the cave, you approached Vanilla who was relaxing on a beach towel, Cream was building a sandcastle.  

"I'm feeling so tired." You said, faking a yawn. 

"Oh, my you poor thing, you return home at once, I promise me and Cream will take good care of Zero while you have a nap," Vanilla replied, placing Zero on her nap.

"Thank you so much, I appreciate you letting a tired mother sleep." You acknowledge, making her fall for your act. 

"Don't sweat it, sweetie, I remember how hard it was raising Cream on my own, especially when she was Zero's age." Vanilla, smiled, rubbing the tot's head. 

You waved to them and pretended to return home, but first, you returned to the cave and placed Infinite on your back.  Placing a blanket over him, you had to hide him because he was still a fugitive who would likely get a death sentence if discovered. He was still the bio-Dad of Zero, after all, you wanted to take care of him and convince everyone to go easy on him. After about 5 minutes you returned home, and the first thing you did was run a warm bath for him. 

"I will make you feel better." You reassured him, placing him in the bath.

After he was in the bath, you washed his hair and tail with a sponge. The bath water went brown from the dirt on his body within a few minutes of washing. While washing him, you felt him place his hand on your arm.

"Did you keep the baby?" He asked, in a raspy voice. 

"Yes, Zero is now a year old." You replied.

"That's my name, how did you know?" He questioned, letting out a cough. 

"I named him Zero because while you were caring for me, I saw the word Zero scribbled on scrap paper. Because it was the only handwriting, I saw in my 5 months of captivity I decided that would be my child's name." You answered, helping him step out of the bath. 

"I'm sorry for how I acted, Eggman combined me with the phantom ruby, it made me powerful and sadistic." He apologized, while you helped him walk to your room. 

"I know what you did, but you only ever showed love to me and took care of me." You replied, placing him on your bed. 

"No, I controlled and owned you like you were my doll." He responded, a tear dripping down his cheek.  

"I didn't see it that way, I was living better with you than I would've in the ruins of the outside world at that time. You told him, holding up a bottle of rubbing alcohol for his wounds. 

"The world was in ruins all because of me." He gasped, letting out a cough. 

"Let me treat your wounds." You announced, changing the subject. 

You got a cotton bud and dipped it in the rubbing alcohol. Every time you cleansed his wounds, he cried out in pain. Despite the sadistic being he once was, he was just an injured guilt-stricken jackal you wanted to make better.  While treating his wounds you found a diamond-shaped scar on his chest, you remembered how he once had the phantom ruby there while you were his doll.  

"I don't deserve to have anybody take care of me." He uttered, while you bandaged up his wounds. 

"You do, I believe in forgiveness and 2nd chances." You said, grabbing a brush to brush the knots out of his hair and tail. 

"Why! When I almost destroyed the world?" He asked, while you gently brushed his hair.

"Because I believe you are a good person, who has just had a lot of trauma in live." You reassured.

By now you had finished brushing his hair and tail. You then left the room and went to the kitchen to make him cocoa. returning with the cocoa, you helped Infinite sit up and take sips of the drink.  Like he did the day he abducted you.

Author notes: Who do you want Y/N to end up with? Shadow or Infinite? I know it's hard to choose when both are both edgy and hotties.