We still had a few more minutes to drive and I noticed it was already 3 in the morning. "Arlo, you think you can do me a favor," I nodded at Chad and he smiled sleepily. "Don't follow me," I looked at him wide-eyed. He must've been so tired he wasn't thinking straight. "Why would I ever follow you," I grinned slapping his arm playfully. I laid my hand on his arm for a minute, admiring the patchwork on his varsity jacket. He gave me a small smile and made one last turn before pulling into the driveway of the house. "Help me with Mindy?" I sighed but nodded at him. "Thanks, you're the best," he grinned and we both got out of the car. After a few minutes, we were finally able to get Mindy into the house. We dropped her on the couch and she groaned, flipping us off before she fell back asleep.

I felt someone's eyes on me and looked over seeing Chad staring. "Go to bed," I whispered, ignoring my heating face. "Fine, you too, go sleep in Mindy's room," I nodded and we walked together down the hall of the quiet house. I stopped in front of the door and opened it seeing her decorated room. "Goodnight Arlo," I looked back at Chad and smiled softly. "Night Chad," I whispered before entering the colorful room. I shut the door and leaned against it, trying to recollect my thoughts.

I walked with Chad and Liv to the benches outside of school

I walked with Chad and Liv to the benches outside of school. Amber saw me first and patted her lap. I chuckled and walked to Amber while Chad and Liv sat on the benches arguing about sharing location. I sat on Amber's lap and she grinned. "I'm just saying with everything that's going on right now, I think it's time we take our relationship to the next most intimate level," Chad explained and I rolled my eyes. Liv would never accept the request. "He wants me to accept his find my fam request," Liv stated, annoyed and leaning on Chad. "Watch it Arlo, you're staring daggers at her," Amber whispered and I looked back at her shocked. "Am not," I said defensively. "Arlo accepted my request," I quickly looked back at Chad and then at Liv, who seemed unbothered by that. "I accepted it when we were in middle school Chad," I explained, while Amber smirked. "I'm just saying, it's the smartest option with a would-be killer on the loose," Chad said, trying to make a point.

Amber laid her head on my shoulder and I smiled over at her. Amber and I were good friends, she'd hear me rant about Chad sometimes, and I'd listen to her about her crush on Tara. Amber made a gagging noise and laughed. "Is this because you two aren't having sex yet?" Amber asked laughing at the couple. I sighed and got off her lap, suddenly wanting to put some distance. She always had to bring stuff like that up, especially with Chad. "I gotta go, my mom wants me to water her plants," I said quickly, ignoring Chad's eyes. "Wes call me if Tara wakes up," I gave him a quick smile and walked away.

After walking for a few minutes I heard the group behind me. "Tara's up!" Chad yelled, I sighed in relief and looked back at the group. Everyone coming my way except Liv. "Come on," Mindy said grabbing my hand. We all made our way to our cars and I grinned when Chad handed me the keys. "Oh hold up, I forgot something," Mindy and I groaned and Chad rolled his eyes running back. "Arlo, you were so obviously jealous," I rolled my eyes at Mindy and entered the car. She did the same and got in the back. After a few minutes, Chad opened the car door. He looked a bit off. "You okay?" I asked noticing his state. "Yeah," he nodded and continued to stare forward. I looked back at Mindy and she shrugged. I started the car and started heading towards the hospital.

I sighed in relief seeing Tara and she gave me a huge grin. "Hey," I smiled giving her a small hug. We all sat down and talked to her, I noticed how she was trying not to cry, as soon as we walked out she would break. We all looked over at the door and stood up quickly, noticing our old babysitter. "You came?" Tara asked and Sam gave a small smile. "Of course, I came, this is my boyfriend, Richie," she looked at the tall guy standing at the door. "It's so nice to meet you, I'm so sorry if I'm intruding," I looked at him curiously, he seemed off. "Nice to meet you," Tara gave him a small smile. Sam hugged me and Chad and then Wes. Sam hugged Wes the longest, thanking him for calling. "I like the hair," she chuckled and stood back. "These are Chad and Mindy, the twins," Tara and I laughed lightly when they raised their hands at the same time. "And Wes and Arlo," She added looking at Wes and then at me. "I used to babysit them all," she added grinning at all of us. "I always love being introduced like that," I mumbled and Wes agreed.

I felt my phone buzz while the conversation continued and cursed under my breath. "I'm sorry I have to take this," I said seeing my mom's image. I gave Tara a quick smile and quickly walked out. I answered the phone and heard my mom sigh in relief. "Judy called, is everything okay, are you alright?" I smiled at my mom's worry. "Yes mama, everything is fine, I'm okay, and so are your plants," I joked and I could hear her laugh. "Mrs. Martin called me, you're staying with them?" I hummed and nodded, forgetting she couldn't see me. "Be careful, okay, honestly I would prefer you stay with Dewey," I frowned and looked at the door. "Ma, I'll be fine, I'll call you later, te amo," I hung up the phone seeing the group walk out. "Who was that?" Amber asked first and I quickly told them it was my mom. "She wanted to make sure I was safe," I explained putting my phone back in my pocket.

Chad looked at me and I could see what he was asking. "Um I'm gonna drive with Wes to the bar, so," Chad nodded at Mindy. Wes, Mindy, and Amber all started walking away and Richie quickly found something to do elsewhere. I looked at Chad and bit my lip nervously. "She said she'd rather me stay with Dewey," I explained knowing that's what he wanted to know. Chad nodded but I quickly reassured him I was staying with him. "Let's go," he said almost reluctantly.

I followed him silently until we finally got to the car. "Chad are you okay?" I asked cautiously as we sat in his car. He seemed, uneasy. He took a shaky breath I instinctively grabbed his hand. "Chad it's okay," I smiled softly and he looked at me with glossy eyes. "Liv is cheating on me," I looked at him wide-eyed. "Oh Chad," I whispered reaching over and hugging him tight. He breathed into my shoulder and I hugged him tighter. "Listen, it'll be okay," I whispered and I felt him nod. "She's stupid if she doesn't see how wonderful you are Chad, siempre serás tan maravilloso," I said and he looked at me with a small smile. It was something I told him whenever he was down. He asked one night, what it meant and I told him. And it made his eyes light up. "I love you," he whispered and I gave him a small smile.

We've said to each other before, friendly of course. "I love you too Chad," I grinned, trying to ignore my heart beating rapidly. "Let's go," I nodded and with that, we made our way to the bar. His hand and mine intertwined. I felt Chad's eyes on me occasionally, and tried to hide the blush I knew was growing.