Chapter 02

Meliodas POV:

"Brother, don't you ever think about to get a partner...?" Zeldris asked me while we were outside the castle while we were drinking tea.

"You mean like a buddy or what?" I raised my eyebrows at him. I heard him sigh.

"I meant is a woman, who will stay with you and be with you like Gelda and I does." He said.

"Zel, I don't need a woman in my life, besides the amount of work I'm doing is It's just enough for me to find my bed and lie down because of the tiredness." I said while groaning as i run my hands through my hair.

Zeldris chuckled at me before he said. "That's why you need a partner. You're alone. If you have someone with you, it won't have been difficult for you to leading you're own kingdom."

I know he has a point in what he says, but now it's hard to find someone you can trust, especially if you're a king, usually you can't trust anyone who deliberately approaches you, because some of them have an interest in your wealth or have intentions just to use you

"I'll think about it first" I said while sipping my tea.

"Anyway, is there any chance that Gelda will be...?" I slowly said.

Zeldris frowned his eyebrows and he looked at his tea while slowly he shook his head. "Still the same.."

Zeldris and Gelda have been married for two years, they should be a happy family, but the bad news came that Gelda was having trouble getting pregnant. They tried several times but Gelda still couldn't get pregnant.

"Don't you want to... just adopt a child first if she really can't get pregnant..?" I said. i felt bad for him, being in love and having to start a family, their happiness to build a child is where their joy crumbles. for Zeldris, he is excited to be a father.

"We're still thinking about it, but Gelda really wants to have her own child of our own made" Zeldris pointed it out to me.

"Well that's understandable. Don't worry you will have children soon, just try it hard and don't lose a hope." I advised on him. making him smile and chuckle at me.

"Thanks brother for supporting us like this." Zeldris said to me.

"What else am I as a brother? Of course, just tell me and I'll help you with any problem... just...not in a making baby progress. That's your job with your wife." I jokingly said. we both suddenly burst a laugh.

"Oh brother..." Zeldris said between on his laugh.

Not long after, a guard came to us and bowed to us. "Sorry for interrupting your conversation your majesty, a messenger has arrived from the kingdom of Liones."

"Messenger..? send it here" Zeldris ordered him.

"Yes your majesty!" he said before he left again. not long after he came back and the messenger was with him.

"Why are you here? make sure you tell me that's important" I said to him. Has there been a problem at the castle while I'm gone?

"It is. your majesty, this message was sent by the Grand-Holy Knight himself, Sir Dreyfus." He said.

Zeldris looked at me with a frown "Brother maybe there's a problem..." I just nod on his statement. before I mentioned the messenger to continue.

"He said they caught a person who entered the borderline of the kingdom where the city is near. They suspect that person to be an assassin." he continued to say to us.

"An Assassin?!" Zeldris said in shock.

The messenger nodded on his words before he said. "Yes your majesty, they suspect that it was sent to end the life of King Meliodas."