His first race

Mick had promised Oliver, that he could come to the next race. Which is Monaco, so it's easy for is, since we already live here. So here we go, we're on the way to the track. Oliver and Mick have bonded over some time, so has both me and Mick, If he gets uncomfortable.

We talked about how we wanted to do this, we both wanted to try "Us" again. So that's what we're doing. For Oliver and for us. Oliver had been non-stop singing the entire car ride to the track. I bet he is excited to watch his dad race. As we walk down the Paddock, ollie holds my hand, walking close to me. 

All of a sudden, somebody lifts up Ollie, his hands slips ott of mine. I turn around to see Ollie laughing and screaming in Micks arms. Oliver is already so comfortable with him, that makes me so happy. 

Mick lets Ollie go and then he places a cap with he number 11 on it. Ollie runs of with the hat on, towards the Mercedes garage. As far as I know, Mick has always had the number 47, as his racing number. Mick is quick to find me thinking, so he takes my hand, intervening ors hands. 

Here we are, walking hand in hand with each other down the paddock. We walk to the garage together, Ollie runs in front of us. "So you are at Mercedes now. That's amazing!" I say, looking up at him.

"Yeah, it was a big move from Haas, you know where I started. Last year I moved from being a Mercedes reserve driver to being the 2nd driver here." Mick answers me.

"That's so cool. Who is your teammate then?" I ask him.

"George Russel. He never moved, since he got the spot, understandably enough."

"I'm impressed. You're playing with he big boys now." I giggle.

"I guess I am." We all arrive at the Mercedes garage. Oliver is already by the side of Micks car, looking around. Mick looses grip of my hand to go to Ollies side. 

"Lets take a look." Mick says, and before I know it Ollie sits in Micks car. I have never seen such big smiles on either of their faces before. Ollie loves this, this life and he also love his dad. 

10 minutes later

"I have to go to the press conference, who don't you two go get something to eat, while I'm there." He asks.

"Are you hungry Ollie?" I ask him.

"I'm starving!" He answers.

"I guess we will." Mick nods, before coming closer to us. He lift Ollie up into the air and swings him around, before he lets him come down he hugs him. 

"I will see you later Buddy." Ollie hugs Mick back. I wish I could picture this moment and put it in a frame. It's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Mick lets Ollie down, he looks at me. I think he is debating on what to do. I make the move here. 

I pull him in for a tight hug, whispering in his ear. "We will be waiting in your room." then I kiss him on the cheek before letting go of the hug.

I now watch him, as his cheeks blush and a big smile appears on his face. "I will be there right after I'm done with all of this, Daf." My nickname, oh god how I have missed it.

With that Mick leaves me and Oliver, we walk around the paddock to find something to eat. Luckily Oliver likes all kind of food, not as picky as me. That Oliver also has from his dad.

With Mick

Lando comes running into the room, where we are all waiting, before the press conference. "Hey guys! I just saw the cute waiter from our night in Monaco, in that restaurant. She's prettiest girl walking around in the paddock, with this little boy by her side. I think I'm in love with her. I have never seen anybody that attractive ever!"

I roll my eyes. "She has a boyfriend, mate!"

Charles adds. " I saw her two, we're in the same boat, mate."

Lando looks at me and asks. "So who is she dating, Mick?"

Then I see her and Oliver walk into the room, where we all are standing. Lando and Charles whisper to the group. "It's her."

She comes over to me, but before she can talk. I say " Take a look at my girlfriend."

Lando looks confused. "Girlfriend?"

"Yeah, mate. She's he only one I have." I answer him. I look back down at her, then Oliver. "Something wrong, Daf?"

"I didn't come here, so you could brag. Ollie wanted to give you this, and then he wants to ask you something." She looks down at Oliver, before his hand reach up towards mine. 

He had a little teddybear in his hand, that he puts in my hand. "It have kept me and mom safe, when we didn't have you. You are here now. So you can have this, when your are in your racing car, because then me and mommy can't be with you. The bear can keep you safe now" How am I this lucky. Oliver is the cutest kid in the entire world. 

That kindness that he has comes from his mom. 100% I crouch down to give him a hug. "Thank you, so much. I will have it with me, when I drive today."

"I wanted to ask you something also. It's just... Just that..." Oliver begins.

"It's alright, you can tell me." I say to reassure him.

"Who is best? You or Russel? I have seen you race before you know?" The boys laugh, when he says so.

"I guess, we will see after this race, won't we buddy?"

"I hope your best dad." I love the sound of those words, it feels so right. Daphne and Oliver goes back to the garage, and I continue my talk with the other drivers. 

"So you have also become a stepdad now, huh Mick? Welcome to the club, the kid seems simply lovely." Max says.

"Actually no. Oliver is my kid, it's a complicated and a long story. Me and Daphne were together around 5 years ago, I was barely with her, because I became very stressed with racing. I was drunk one night, sleeping with another girl. I have never regretted anything more in my life. She left me after a big fight. Then we met that night, that we had dinner in Monaco. She told me the story, I met Oliver for the first time." I explain.

"Oh wow. Yeah that is a story to understand. She seems lovely Mick. You got a good one." George says.