Prologue: Past Grudges Shape The Present

It was past midnight by several minutes at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. There weren't many people coming out of the building. Not many liked the late night flights it seemed.

Peculiar for an airport that works 24/7, isn't it?

Anyhow, at that moment, there landed a private plane. It took a while for the plane to properly settle before the passengers could get out...or rather just one particular individual.

They were a tall specimen, about six foot there about in stature. That was the only thing deductible about the person, for they wore a long black cloak and rubber gloves, with grey jeans and boots, not even giving a chance for their hair to be seen as it was covered along with the rest of their face by a red lensed black mask.

They cut a lone figure as they made their way rather sluggishly from the docking bay all the way to the checkpoint before exiting the airport.

The few individuals trying to sort out where they would be staying, after their arrival into the city, until at least dawn didn't care to notice them as they trotted down the road away from the airport.

This individual kept on walking for a bit, until they stopped at a corner. With a quick glance around, they made their way into the corner, walking into a night club that had the music booming loudly.

The figure squirmed their way through the midst of the carefree crowd, consuming liquor and strong wines as they wasted away their money for a night of letting go.

At least that was how he saw it.

They were all just a bunch of idiots—harmless idiots at least compared to the ones he'd been dealing with for most of his life.

Going up the stairs and turning by the first corner to his left, he came before the manager's office. It was an empty place...a messy place since he hadn't been here for more than a year. Just a desk littered with paper work—mostly bills he was sure.

He had a brief look upwards as he shut the door behind him.

"Sound proof the walls and door, and block out all possible ways of anyone listening in on me—then lock the door!"

It took mere seconds before a robotic male voice answered him, the bright white lights dimming to an eerie red.

"Room has been fortified, welcome Agent 11."

Agent 11 nodded, moving to take a sit behind his desk, throwing his legs on the table in a nonchalant manner that knocked some papers off it—not that he cared.

"Get me in line with KGBeast."

A screen suddenly slid out from the ceiling, gradually coming on to display a call was being put through. After a moment, the call timer started running.

"Finally, you're back, boy," said a Russian accented male voice. "How was the operation in Bialya?"

"It went well enough," replied Agent 11, with a shrug. "Next time, I prefer if I had less chatter boxes as 'help', and actual competent people."

"Perhaps," said KGBeast, sounding very amused. "Nevertheless, you were very good. My ally now has more room in Bialya. All her rivals won't be recovering quick enough before she assumes full control."

"Great, but enough with the chit chat, boss," said Agent 11, slamming his hand into the table. "You know why I'm back. You told me there was another operation, something that you'd entrust only in my hands."

"That passion and confidence is the reason I took you under my wing," replied KGBeast. He let the words reside in the air.

Agent 11 knew what he was getting at, and he himself knew what the man had done for him. He wouldn't be gullible to forget it. In this business, loyalty was very important.

"I'm sure you've heard some things, so why don't you tell me about what you already know?"

"With all due respect, boss, I know what you're trying to do," said Agent 11, barely controlling his anger. "Tell me what I want to know. Is everything true?"

The screen suddenly changed to show a clip. In the clip was a pink haired lady, her chopped hair flowing. She was dressed in a purple bodysuit, a silver tiara and icy blue mask completing her outfit. This lady could stretch her body at remarkable lengths, and she was using that ability to dodge several bullets from some robbers as they attempted a getaway in their van.

Suddenly a red blur went past the screen. Agent 11 watched as a green blast of energy crashed into the side of the van, sending it careening off the road to a stop.

A red manta ray creature that was certainly not from Earth, towering at six feet suddenly landed before the van, his eyes flashing bright green as he glared at the robbers. This was enough to make the robbers scamper out of the vehicle and surrender with their hands up.

"What do you make of this?" asked KGBeast with amusement, as if looking for a reaction out of him.

"Well, well...what do we have here?" Agent 11 said, grinding his teeth. "It's the damn guy himself!"

The clip faded from the screen, once again showing the call timer running as KGBeast continued to speak.

"He's your target. Are you sure you're up for this?"

A/N: Book 2 is up and on the go!

Big shout out and thanks to CommanderALFA  for the great cover! Look forward to working with him again some time in the future! 🌟

Oh, and thanks to ALPHAFURY09TF02 for getting me in touch with him in the first place! I didn't forget you either! ❤️