The little boy just came back from Jax this morning and asked if they could have a movie night because he missed them the last two days. Neither Happy nor Stella said no to his request, they loved doing those family movie nights.

They were lucky Happy had enough time besides club business to do these things with them. Stella wouldn't bitch around if it would be different but, she was glad that Happy came home every night instead of staying at the clubhouse.

“That was quick”, Happy chuckled at Abel's soft snores.

“Right? Twenty minutes into the movie and already falling asleep is a new record”, Stella smirked slightly and kissed the top of Abel's head before she put the blanket next to them over him.

“Or he finally gets bored and we can watch a new movie soon”, the SAA grunted, yet his tone held amusement.

Stella nodded quickly, almost eagerly, at her husband's words. “That would be great honestly. I think I know every line by now.”

It was silent for a long moment, a comfortable silence as they sat there. They didn't pay attention to the movie but both of them liked background noise.

“Why don't you take a few days off and we'll get out of town? Maybe a little road trip with the kids?”, Happy asked suddenly, shifting a little so he had a better look at his wife. Gabby starting fussing at the movement but relaxed immediately again as Happy rubbed her back gently.

A grateful smile formed on Stella's lips at the sight. She loved Happy already with every fiber of her body but watching him being a dad made her fall in love with him over and over again. And not just that⸺ also his unconditional love and care was a reason why she was so grateful.

He helped her out of her depressive episodes more than once and never complained about her being too weak or a bad Old Lady. When she needed him, he was there. And so it was the other way around. The two complemented each other perfectly.

“I have to talk to my boss but I don't think that's gonna be a problem”, she replied softly.

“Good”, he grunted in response and brushed some of her hair behind her ear, his fingertips slightly touching her neck which made her sigh softly. “You still like the job?”

At first he wasn't happy about her taking a job but he wasn't some creep that would lock his wife up and treat her as if they were still living in the middle ages. Plus, he loved what she was doing. She worked at the nursing home his mom was in, it couldn't be better.

After Tara's death he knew she needed to get out and do something for herself, even if it was something simple like work. She was distracted and out of the house, that's what counted. And since she only worked four hours a day she still had enough time with her family. If she was at work and Happy had some club shit to handle the kids were either with Luann, Donna or Gemma.

Her eyes lit up at his question, a sign that she enjoyed what she was doing. “Yeah, the people are amazing there. And I can spend more time with your Ma, which is great.”

“Yeah, she loves you more than she loves me by now”, he said with a grin and gently grabbed her chin to pull her face closer to his and kiss her.

“That's not true and you know that”, Stella rolled her eyes in amusement and stole another kiss from him. “Thank you, baby.”

“For what, little girl?”, he grumbled against her lips, his thumb caressing her cheek while he locked eyes with her.

“Everything. I wouldn't be where I am now without you. You gave me a reason to enjoy life again⸺ and you gave me what I never thought I could have”, she whispered, tilting her head to look at Gabby. “I've never loved anyone more in my life than you, our little wonder and Abel.”

Happy swallowed at her words as he felt a lump form in his throat. He wasn't one of those emotional people⸺ except when it came to his family. They went through a lot of shit. The thing with Jax and Abel, the fear they would never be able to have their own child, Tara's death, family betrayal. And they were still together and stronger than ever.

“Well, you carried that little wonder, little girl. I have to thank you”, he rasped in her ear before pressing a kiss on her temple. “And I fuckin' love you for that⸺ and everything else.”

“And I love you, Hap”, she smiled up at him before she rested her head on his chest right next to Gabby's. Her arm was still wrapped around Abel while she plastered soft kisses all over her daughter's face.

Happy leaned back against the couch again, the slightest but happiest smile on his face as he watched the three people he loved the most, plus his mom, cuddle together. His life was complete and he couldn't be happier.

END

authors note; So, I'm at the end of this story. It was definitely one of my favorites to write and it'll always have a special place in my heart. Maybe, just maybe, there will be a sequel in the future. But first I wanna focus on my other Happy and Jax stories. Thank you all for the votes, comments and love. I appreciate it. 🖤