5: Seattle, known for coffee and... Long haired guitarists?

Start from the beginning

"Oh God, I'm going to be the one getting the lecture now. 'You hang around with total dickheads blah blah blah'" I mimicked.

"She is so scary.. She just took a deep breath in and walked off, I mean I guess it's justified. But holy shit" Mike quivered.

"She's usually fine, but she likes to take up the 'mother' position, so she's a pain in the ass" I groaned.

"Hey Annie! Your break is over!" Miriam joyfully walked up to me.

My break wasn't really over, but if I argued with her, it would mean I'd have to TALK to her.

"Okay, I'll be there in a sec"

"Ooh, who are these handsome guys?" She inspected them.

"Oh, we are her boyfriends, we're kind of into that polyamory stuff" Stone butted in.

I shot him a death stare.

"Oh! Umm. Okay then! No judging here" She said with a tone of what the fuck.

"Bye guys! Love you!" I blew them a kiss and dragged Miriam away. While she wasn't looking, I showed Stone my longest finger.

"Boy are you popular?" She teased

8:50pm

"You can go home Miriam, I'll close up, I doubt someone will show up in the last ten minutes" I assured her.

"Okay... Try not to get robbed" She joked, took her bag and walked out.

I stood awkwardly, cleaning up the counters and deciding if I should close up or wait until 9. I mean... It's just ten minutes. I packed everything away, and swept the floor.

A loud, annoying motorcycle pulled up, most likely going into the place next door, so I took that as a sign to close up.

I turned around and tried to find the 'closed' sign, but apparently, today was just a day for my ears getting destroyed. A loud screeching door interrupted the silence, and I turned around to see a man with a helmet on.

"Are you going to murder me?" I asked, sarcastically.

"Hmm, I wasn't planning on it. But I did genuinely think you died, because you never called me after I gave you my number," The man pulled his helmet off and revealed his Rapunzel- like hair.

"Oh. Hey Jerry. How did you find me?" I asked, completely unimpressed, as I was still searching for the sign.

"Laura" He smiled.

What is up with my sisters and ratting me out to people?

"Since when did you have a motorcycle?" I snickered, still rummaging through all the junk on the counter.

"It's my brothers. He's letting me use it" He grinned proudly.

Where the hell is this damn sign.

"I believe you're looking for that," He pointed to the open sign at the front, that you flip so it says closed.

I face palm at my own stupidity, then I quickly walk up and flip the sign, and turn back to Jerry.

"Okay" I sighed, "What do you want?"

"I don't know... I'm kind of bored and just remembered I had a motorcycle in my current possession, so I was just driving around, and remembered that Laurie told me you worked here" He amused himself.

"How flattering... Anyway, I have to leave now, so when I walk home, there are people still out and I'm less likely to get molested, so see ya!" I quickly grabbed my stuff.

"Why don't I take you home? I have an extra helmet and I'd rather you not be molested" He offered.

"How kind of you? But I barely trust Chris to drive and he's way more responsible than you, I've heard how stupid you can be" I crossed my arms.

"Why would I put your life in danger? Laurie can be just as scary as you and she would have my head on a stick. Don't even get me started on Finney, I've heard she's almost as scary as you." He said in a serious tone.

"Do you even know where I live?" I questioned, but I think I already knew the answer.

"You know how fast news spreads" He grinned.

I deeply sighed and shrugged, "Okay... let's go..."

He mini celebrated and grabbed my hand.

"I promise I won't be reckless, especially if you're aboard" He whispered. I locked the door behind me, and said mini farewells, just in case I died.

"Here, put this on and hold on tight" He handed me the helmet as I sat behind him.

He revved the engine and took off.

"Holy shit! I'm actually gonna die!" I gripped him so tight, I think I was suffocating him. He laughed, but I could barely hear him because of the obnoxiously loud engine. I did not do well in fast vehicles, I usually passed out.

"It's not far from here! You'll be fine!" He yelled over the engine.

I held onto him even tighter and closed my eyes, trying to think of other things. It obviously wasn't working, because I was going fast as hell, but something about Jerry made me feel safe. Don't ask, because I have no idea why, I mean, he was the stupidest person I knew. But I felt like I could trust him with my life, he just had this way about him.

"You alright there? You haven't screamed in at least two minutes!" He yelled.

I nodded slowly while leaning on his back, so he could feel it.

"Okay, we're so close"

I slowly opened my eyes and recognised the street. We came to an abrupt stop and I took a deep breath, and I kid you not, I actually started kissing the ground.

"Please, It wasn't that bad, you get used to it" He chuckled.

I stood up and suddenly hugged him, "Thank you. For not killing me"

He returned the hug, "It's my pleasure, now go sleep, I was afraid you were gonna drop on the ride here"

"Okay, thanks again... Bye!" I walked off and turned around to see him wave.

My bed was warm and cosy tonight, but it didn't feel as good as holding Jerry...

Oh my God, what am I thinking?

I need to work the closing shift more often...

That's what I'm thinking.