chapter 8

"What happened?" Dalton asked as soon as he saw me on the couch. Then, he saw my hand.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER!" he yelled. Dalton ran toward Dana ready to injure. Cole held Dalton back, trying to calm him. "YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN BE DATING HER! YOU GOT HER HURT!" Dalton yelled in a frenzy. "ARLENE CAME!!!" Dana yelled. They all went quiet.

"Crap, hurry up and get the glass out of her hand." Cole said at the mention of Arlene. I squirmed a little but the guys managed to get the glass out. "This is gonna hurt, but we have to put stitches in it." Dalton said. "Where did you guys learn all of this?" I asked, barely conscious. "when you live in Texas, you learn some things." Dalton answered. He started to stitch up my wound and finished successfully. They made me stay laid down. "Dana, explain." David said. "We were at the dance having a good time, when I decided to get some punch for her....." Dana started. I zoned off thinking, and trying to process what Dalton was yelling earlier. What did he mean by you shouldn't even be dating her? "M.E.? M.E.?" The boys kept asking. "huh?..." I said. "Are you okay?" You didn't look to good.... I mean, you always look good but.... Not healthy.... Sorry...." Will said. I smiles and laughed at his attempt. "I'm fine, now could I please get off this couch?" I said laughing. "Yeah." They all muttered. "Dana, Dalton, can I talk to you?" I asked. The boys exchanged a look. They got up and followed me to my room. I locked the door behind me and stirred a towel under the door. I turned around and looked at them. "What is up with you two? The yelling, the tension, the way you two are at each others throats? What happened to Danon? What happened to you? Tell me the truth. What's wrong?" I said. The boys looked at each other then at me. "From the minute you walked in, I was head over heels for you. Dana was too. He noticed the way I would joke with you and decided to act. He asked you out before any of us could get to know you." Dalton spilled. I looked at Dana. "He's right. And I forgot about what Arlene tries to do to my girlfriends or love interests." Dana mumbled.
"Now because of Dana and his ex, we can't let you out of this house alone, or be here alone. You can never be without one of us." Dalton said. I looked between the two. "So, you both like me, but Dana got me first?" I asked. They nodded. "Dalton, can you please leave now." I stated. He got up, unlocked the door, and left. I looked dana in the eye. "Am I a prize? Are you glad you can rub this in his face? Do you like me because I am 'pretty'? You barely even know me, and you asked me out. You kissed me, only have met me hours before. Why do you really like me?" I asked, looking at him. He looked guilty, heart broken, and miserable. "I..... I really like you, and I want to get to know you--" he started. "You didn't answer my question." I said. "I like you because