Chapter 2: Hurry

Ω Hiccup's POV Ω

"Stupid foot..." I muttered as I clench the screw driver in my hand, twisting a screw into its socket. "Stupid wound. Stupid prosthetic foot."

"Hiccup." Someone says behind me. I ignore them.

"Stupid metal. Stupid sword. Stupid nub." I continued, muttering under my breath.

"Hiccup." They repeated, a little more demanding.

"Stupid charm speak. Stupid tools. Stupid life. Stupid-"

"HICCUP!" They yelled angrily.

I dropped my tools and turned around in my seat, "what?"

There stood Rachel Elizabeth Dare, with that same smug look. She was glad that she managed to tick me off. "You're being summoned."

"By whom?" I sigh and stood up, towering over her.

"By rapunzel." She answered.

I blinked and looked down at my wooden foot. "Did I... do something wrong?"

"Ill never know that girl's intentions, honestly. Could be bad, could be good... could be neutral. You really need to be cautious no matter her mood."

"Thanks for the reassurance..." I roll my eyes and head towards the door. "And I'd get out of here if I were you. The intruder system might go off with just you in here."

"Wait what?"

I winked and opened the door, "have a good day!" I sang, leaving her alone.

---Ω---

"Punz?" I called, peeking my head into the sword arena. She was nowhere in sight.

I should've asked where she would be...

"Rapunz-EEP!" I squeak as Merida's face suddenly appeared in front of me when I turned to leave. "What are you-"

"Shhh..." She hushed and pressed her finger to my lips, looking around. "This may be a test?"

"Huh?" I narrow my eyes and pushed her hand away.

"I can feel her wrath."

"You're making no sense. Are you-"

"Shhhh..." She hushed again and yes, put her finger to my lips.

"Oh my gods. You're delusional." I groan and turned around, crossing my arms after a pushed her hand away yet again.

Merida smiled playfully and nodded in a certain direction. I turned to see Rapunzel glaring at me from across the yard. "What is she doing?"

"She's looking at your foot."

I move my peg leg up in the air and the blonde's eyes followed. "This is probably about the quest, isn't it?"

"I seriously believe that theory." Merida nodded in agreement.

"I don't want to go over there..." I shiver, "I don't know if we did anything bad but she looks like she's gonna kill the first five people that come across her."

"Look... People are actually going around her..." Merida said in awe as we watched some Aphrodite girls walk around her in a ten meter radius.

"I guess we have to go over there if she isn't going to herself."

Merida nodded and fearlessly strides over. I prayed to Hades that she wouldn't kill me.

"Hiccup." She stomped the last few feet over to me and pointed at my wooden foot with a pissed off expression. "What's going on? Where's the new foot?"

"It got wrecked." I raised both my hands up in defense. "I know I know, you really want to get to the quest but it's harder than it looks. Jack already talked to me about it."

Rapunzel's eyebrow twitched but she slowly shifted her gaze to something behind me. I turn to see Jack, glaring at her.

"O-oh... Jack?" She stuttered, "I thought you were at a meeting."

"I was..." He sighed and rubbed his temples. "Hiccup, get your foot done soon. It's very important that we finish this stupid quest ASAP."

I nodded and started to walk away but Merida stopped. "Hold on..." She whispered and stepped up to Jack. "What's your rush?"

Jack looks back at Rapunzel and they exchanged a meaningful look. "We have to go on a rescue mission after this. Many people are missing because they are visiting their families. But there's one person who is being held captive."

My eyes widened but I said nothing as he looked way too stressed. "Merida... care to help me?"

"Sure." She nodded and I started to lead her away. Jack gave me an apologizing look for the way he was acting and I just simply gave him a thumbs up.

Ω Jack's POV Ω

"Percy said that I should train with a sword. If you could help me?" I asked Rapunzel right when the other two left.

She blinked in surprise but quickly nodded. "Sure! Um... this way!" She exclaimed and grabbed my wrist, dragging me towards the arena.

I chuckled as she searched through racks of sword frantically. "Take your time, Punz. Im not gonna weather away."

She laughed nervously and handed me a sword, nice and light. "A demigod needs a perfect sword." Rapunzel said and blew a strand of hair out of her face. "Now hold it like... this." She positioned my fingers properly on the hilt.

"Easy."

"Now I want to see your motives. Swing at that dummy over there." Rapunzel pointed towards a scarecrow looking mannequin.

I nod and walk over, raising the sword like it was my staff and swung at its chest.

"Good. But your footing was horrible."

"A for effort."

She smiles and moves me to a proper position. "I don't grade that way. You get a D."

"Thanks." I laugh. "Best grade I ever got."

---------------------
Authors Note:
Sorry for a short chapter. There was literally nothing else I could come up with. Thank you for you patience!!
-Sophie