Chapter 12: Emperor's Fall

(SCENE: ROOFTOP) (POV: OSCAR)

After taking care of Hydro, the Cyber Lin Kuei & Empress Sindel, Raiden teleports most of us to a rooftop where Shao Kahn's about to emerge from a portal. "He's here." Liu Kang says as Raiden approaches the portal.

"Everyone, stay on guard and be prepared to intervene in case this goes wrong." I ordered as everyone prepared for a battle while Raiden stops in front of the portal. Shao Kahn emerges into Earthrealm as Raiden bows before the Emperor.

"Ah, Raiden, you have come to your senses." Shao Kahn mockingly says. "Earthrealm's citizens suffer. Further resistance serves no purpose." Raiden says as Shao Kahn shook his head at this. "All these ages you have fought me, denied me my rightful claim! Not this time." He says as he uppercuts Raiden across the rooftop.

"The Elder Gods fear me now." He says as he started laughing. He approaches Raiden and hoist him up from his tunic. "Their pathetic Mortal Kombat shackles me no longer." He says as he started striking him back & forth until he tosses him towards the other side of the rooftop. While in mid flight, Raiden's amulet fell off from his tunic & onto the ground, shattering into millions of pieces.

Shao Kahn approaches Raiden as he summoned his Wrath Hammer. "They masquerade as dragons, but are mere toothless worms." He says as he stomps on Raiden's chest. "I know you can feel it. It is the end of all things." He says as he started glowing with green energy from the souls he has consumed.

"Elder Gods! Please! Earthrealm need you! Cetrion! Your chosen fighter needs you!" Raiden calls out, but gets stopped by Shao Kahn stomping on his chest again, causing the god of Thunder to cough up blood. "Such poor choice of words." He says as he hoist him up from his tunic again. "Because they'll be your last." He says as he throws him across the opposite side of the rooftop.

Raiden slowly gets up as Shao Kahn approaches him. "Ages wasted in foolish resistance. I have won." He says as Raiden loses all hope. "Yes, you have won." He says with utter hopelessness in his voice. I can't help but wonder if the Elder Gods aren't coming and Raiden was wrong.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Shao Kahn. "Now Raiden, your world ends." He says as he's about to kill Raiden. I decided to intervene by blasting Shao Kahn with an electrical blast.

"Don't celebrate victory just yet, Shao Kahn!" I called out as me and the others gather in front of Raiden. As soon as Shao Kahn got back up & sees me, his face turns into anger. "You! You nearly succeeded in killing me, but I manage to heal from your assault. Now, I'll use your head to decorate my throne, alongside that monk & Thunder god." Shao Kahn says as he prepares for battle when lightning started coming down.

Suddenly, a portal opens up and 7 dragons emerges from it. I recognize two of them as Cetrion & Kronika because I feel their familiar energies. They and the others started swirling around us as we were  all lifted into the air.

A bright light shine as we felt the powers of the Gods & a Titan flowing through us. Once the power flow was done, our powers has skyrocket to unbelievable heights & our outfits have transformed to resemble a more godly and immortal like appearance.

"You violate our will, Shao Kahn. We couldn't stop your invasion because of our rule that prevents us from meddling with mortal struggles. But now, we've decided to revoke that law. Now, we can interfere whenever we want. So now, you must be punished." The Elder Gods & Kronika says through us as we blast Shao Kahn with golden lightning.

Our blast made Shao Kahn skid back halfway across the rooftop. We stopped our blast as Shao Kahn laughs at our blast. "An anemic effort from ineffectual deities! Today I become THE Elder God!" Shao Kahn exclaims as he charged at us.