Chapter 7: Wavering of a Princess

(SCENE: SHAO KAHN'S KOLISEUM) (POV: OSCAR)

We've arrived at the Koliseum to see robots capturing.......Sub Zero? He's dead! we saw his skull and spinal cord ourselves! Suddenly, two more robots appeared: one red and one cyan.

The red one seems familiar, but I have no idea who the cyan one is. "Sektor & Hydro." Smoke says in a low growl like voice as I was shocked at this. Sektor? Wasn't he apart of the first tournament along with Cyrax? Man, I need to get back in the loop.

"Now interrupts the tournament?!?!?" Shang Tsung demands to know as Sektor & Hydro bows at Shao Kahn. "We request to return him to our temple for judgement." Sektor explains. "And what do I gain from such a brazen request?" Shao Kahn asks.

"The Lin Kuei's loyalty & service." Hydro says as Shao Kahn chuckles softly at this. "Betraying your own Grandmaster to join me? My, my, such bold warriors you are." Shao Kahn says.

"The previous Grandmaster, my father, has outlived his usefulness and has been exterminated. I, Sektor, am now the Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei." Sektor reveals, shocking us greatly.

'Killing his own father?!?!? Do the Lin Kuei have any sense of honor?!?!?' I said in my mind as I pulled out of it by Shao Kahn's voice. "Very well then. Take him. I will enjoy our new arrangements, Grandmaster." He says as Sektor, Hydro & the other robots disappeared before any of us could help him.

"The time flow has changed indeed. I spared Smoke this fate, only to watch this new Sub Zero fall." Raiden says with guilt in his voice. "Kitana!" Shao Kahn calls with anger & disappointment in his voice as Kitana approached her father. "How is it that Earthrealm ninjas brazenly appear before me when my daughter, the Princess of Outworld, was sent to intercept them?!?!?" He asks her with disappointment and anger in his voice.

"Father, I can explain-" She tries to defend herself when Shao Kahn stops her. "Silence! And begone!" Shao Kahn exclaims as Kitana, with hurt in her eyes, leaves the Koliseum.

"Kitana's faith is a slender reed, bent before the storm. If it can be uprooted all together." Raiden says as he decides to follow Kitana. "Great. Let's go ruin someone else's day." Johnny Cage says as he follows Raiden, leaving me and Smoke behind.

"Smoke, please tell me Cyrax & Frost are spared from the Cyber Initiative's insanity." I asked with concern in my voice. "Yes, they're not turned. So, there's that." He says. "Good, even a small group can destroy a tyrant. And don't worry, we will get Sub Zero back, I promise my life on it." I said as Smoke gives me a nod as the two of us follows the others.

(SCENE CHANGE: WASTELANDS OF OUTWORLD) (POV CHANGE: 3RD PERSON)

Meanwhile, near a beach in Outworld, Kitana & Jade are seen arguing. "Is this how you showed your loyalty, Jade?" Kitana asks in a angry tone. "Kitana, I-" Jade tries to reason, but won't hear it.

"You follow me when I clearly wish to be alone, then you upbraid me? I won't be scolded like a child!" She exclaims. "I'm concerned for your safety. I've never seen your father this angry with you." Jade explains as Kitana prepares to walk away.

"I understand the stress of his expectations, but you shouldn't let the stress affect like this." Jade says as Kitana stops and turns around to face Jade. "I'm sorry, my friend, but I wish to be alone. We will continue this discussion later." Kitana says as Jade nods her head and leaves.

Shortly after she left, lightning came down as Raiden, Johnny Cage, Smoke, Oscar & his group emerges from it. "Princess Kitana, I request an audience." He says as Kitana turns around and gets ready for combat when she noticed Sheeva amongst.