Chapter 2: Dinner with the Aftons

Y/n POV

Mom told me that we were going to have dinner with the Aftons on Friday. It is currently Wednesday so I had time to unpack and get my room set up. This is the only house that is a 3 bedroom while the other house has 4 or 5 bedrooms but because it was just me and mom, we didn't mind it. We were talking if we should make the last bedroom and guest room or an office. We went with an office so we can both work in a quiet room when needed too. I was almost done with my room, just had to put away some books on the book shelf and then clean the room. I start school on Monday so I have to go out with mom to get school supplies. School started 2 months ago so I wont be that far behind but I will work hard to catch up with the other kids.

Today is Friday, the night we eat with the Aftons. It was 3 pm and im watching T.V at the moment. "Honey, make sure to get ready soon! Take a shower and dress nice" mom shouted from the kitchen. "Okay mom!" I said and turned off the T.V and went to take a shower. It's now 6pm and I'm waiting for mom to come and help me with my hair. I'm not the best at doing my hair so mom helps me, especially when we are going out to meet others. "Okay honey, how do you want your hair done?" Mom asked me. "Can you do a half up half down please?" I ask her. "Sure!" she says and starts doing my hair. It's 6:50 and I'm waiting for mom to finish her hair. "Okay let's go!" she says and we start walking over to the Aftons household. We knocked on the door and Mr. Afton opened for us. 'Was he waiting by the door? How did he open it so fast?' I thought. "Y/n! M/n! Welcome in!" Mr. Afton said to us.

We walk into the house and see a teen boy who looks around 12-15 sitting on the couch next to another boy who looks to be around my age. "These are my sons Michael and Evan!" Mr. Afton said. "Y/n, why don't you go talk to them!" My mom said. "Okay" I said and walked over to the two boys. "Hi my name is Y/n" I said to them. "Nice to meet you. Come sit and watch T.V till dinner ready" The older boy, Michael said to me. The movie 'The Shining' was playing and the other boy, Evan, looked scared. 'He must not be a fan of horror movies' I thought and countied watching the movie. About 10 minutes later, a little girl with red hair ran into the living room. She looked to be around 4-6 years old. "Mikey! Whos that?" She asked while pointing at me. "This is Y/n. She came here for dinner with her mom, remember?" Micheal told her. "Oh well, Hello! I'm Elizabeth!" She told me. "Hello Elizabeth, nice to meet you" I said.

Elizabeth sat next to Evan, Even next to Michael, and Michael next to me. "Kids! Dinner ready!" Mr. Afton called for us. We all headed to the dining room where I saw my mom sitting down at one of the chairs. I took a seat next to her as Mr. Afton sat next to me / at the end of the table next to me. Elizabeth sat across from me and Evan next to her. Micheal was at the other end of the table, facing Mr. Afton. "Let's dig in!" Mr. Afton said. I made my plate of the food I will eat and started eating. "So Y/n, what grade are you in?" Mr. Afton asked me. "5th grade" I said. "Oh you are a year younger than Evan" Mr. Afton said. Throughout the dinner Mr. Afton kept asking me questions like 'do you have any allergies' or 'when is your birthday'. My mom did absolutely nothing and just thought that Mr. Afton was just trying to get to know me. I was a little uncomfortable but just went with it. After everyone finished dinner mom said, "Y/n, Why don't you go and play with Elizabeth and Evan!". "Yes! Come on Y/n!" Elizabeth said and grabbed my hand. "Oh, Okay" I said and followed them up to their rooms.

_______________________________________

Sorry if this chapter is confusing. BTW This is my AU so if you don't like it, don't read. Have an amazing Day/Night/Noon!

Word count- 766