New Boy

I stare at myself in the mirror, trying to imagine what I would've looked like without these piercing blue eyes, my high cheekbones and full, red lips.

But I can't. All I know, is that my cheeks used to be chubby, my eyes were a very dark brown and my lips used to be a pale pink.

Up until I was 5 my eyes were brown.
Until I was 11 they were amber.
When I was 11 they turned red for a day, then turned a very piercing blue.

Up until I was 11 my cheekbones were low and chubby and my lips were pale and thin.

I never used to be fast.
I was never strong.
Hell, I wasn't even attractive.

But now I am.
And even though, I know exactly what me original features used to be, I can't imagine myself with them. I look at my baby pictures and the baby girl is a total stranger to me.

When I was 4 I was told I would need glasses because I was practically almost blind. Then the day after my 5th birthday I was told that my eyesight was absolutely perfect. Nobody knew how... but I did. I just never told.

I used to stumble and fall whenever I tried to run, but now I'm faster than everyone else. But I've learned how to hide it. I can run normally if I want.

Boys used to turn to me and laugh because of how ugly I was. But now they're all talking about how amazing my soft, long brown hair is. They're talking about how beautiful my eyes are and all the girls want me as a friend. But I only have 1 friend who I would die for... but the only problem is... I can't die... Not by human hands.

"Spencer! You ready?" My dad shouts from the bottom of the stairs. I sigh.
"Yea!" I reply and hop downstairs, give my dad a kiss on the cheek and hug my mum before leaving and climbing into the passenger seat of my best friends car. "Let's go" I mutter.
"How you feeling today?" Tara asks me.
"Fine" I say flatly.
"Spenc... it was a full moon last night"

Tara was the only human I ever told about me... I had to show her before she believed me, but she wasn't scared and that made me feel good.

"Did I... do anything?" I ask.
"No... How long did it take it you to black out this time?"
"Just the slightest smell of blood makes the wolf take over... and it really scares me Tara because I don't know what I'm going to do" I whisper with tears falling down my cheeks.
"Spenc, you'll be fine! You're strong! You just need to explain to Scott that you're having trouble" she says softly.
"What if the pack leave me?" I ask.
"They won't Spenc... you know they'd never leave you"
"Scott says some of the others are jealous of me" I mumble.
"Jealous?"
"Yes... Some of them want to be a hybrid... Scott is the only wolf I can talk to about this... being a hybrid isn't fun" I say, more to myself than Tara.

When we get into English I sit in my usual seat at the back, with the empty seat at my desk. My desk is the only one with an empty space. Everyone wanted to sit there, but I wouldn't let them.

-

"Alright class! We have a new student today", I hear my teacher, Mr Beryl, telling the class. I look up into a pair of dark, black eyes. The boy is staring right at me. I take in his messy brown hair, his tanned skin and his pink lips. "His name is Danny" Mr Beryl tells us. The boys eyes... Danny's eyes, never leave mine. "Any spare seats?" My Beryl asks, while looking around the class. Before he spots my seat the boy walks over and sits down beside me. I instantly smell his blood, and it's the best I've smelled yet. I look down at my hands, trying to control myself, trying to keep my eye colour the same.
"You OK?" Danny asks me. His voice is deep and rough, but sexy all the same.
"Fine" I say more in a growl than a whisper. I look up, finally trusting myself, only to find him staring at me. I listen to his heart beating, slowly and steadily. I move to the edge of my seat, as far away from his as possible and try hard to focus on the teachers words.
I watch the clock for the last 30 seconds and as soon as I hear the bell I grab my stuff and rush out of the classroom, as far away from the boy as possible.

I hope you guys liked this chapter!
If you like please vote, comment and follow! I follow back and feel free to PM me anytime!