█▓▒▒░░░The Rose of Kabul░░░▒▒▓█

The night after seizing Kabul there was a celebration in the Mughal camps

The night after seizing Kabul there was a celebration in the Mughal camps. There was music, wine and dancers. Salim as usual had two prostitutes hanging off hus two arms. Murad had his own mistress entertaining him. While Daniyal sat enjoying his fruit juice. There was laughter, music, pleasure and as usual brothers fighting.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Nadia was locked in the dungeon cells along with her mother. The murky dungeon cells didn't bother her what bothered her was her mother's behaviour. She had been sitting in the cell heavily anticipating the arrival of her emperor brother. Nadia might not be that close with her uncle but she knew he was not to be trusted.

"You are still waiting for your brother? It's already two days since they seized Kabul", scoffed Nadia.

"Keep faith Nadia, the Shahenshah will arrive" Bakht-un-Nisaa calmly replied.

"Keep faith?!? Keep faith on whom Ammi?? The Shahenshah? The same Shahenshah who is the reason why-"

"Nadia", Bakht-un-Nisaa cut off her daughter before she could finish what she was saying. Nadia was fuming with anger. Her mother still had faith in him and here they were sitting in a cell for two days without food and water. God knows what those Shahzades were doing. Probably drowning in alcohol and prostitutes. Like father like sons. Nadia scoffed at the thought of her cousins. She had heard a lot about them, how the eldest was a rake, middle son was too ruthless for the sake of sanity and the youngest was immersed in prayers.

She was about to reply to her mother when she heard the sound of footsteps behind them. Someone had come to visit them. Nadia turned around along with her mother. There in front of them stood Emperor Akbar, tall as a fortress, though age had stolen the shine of his face.

Akbar was shocked to see his dearest sister and her niece in such a condition. He took a few steps forward,"Free them this instant!", he barked out his order to the nearest soldier,"These dungeons are for thieves and murderers, not for the soldiers who lost the battle."