•C8

Chapter 8: Qi Yihan, Go and Control Your Wife

Although the manager’s voice wasn’t loud, many people still heard it.

The scene was inexplicably awkward.

Tang Li pondered for a moment. The original owner of the body had a lot of dowry, but after she married Qi Yihan, she didn’t bring the dowry with her. Instead, she asked her family to invest her dowry in stocks. In other words, she really couldn’t afford it now.

Xiang Wanwan felt a little apologetic when she saw how awkward the atmosphere was. “Madam, thank you for your kind intentions. I’ll think of a way to get the money myself.”

“How will you get the money yourself?” Xiang Guangqiang was furious when he heard that. His daughter was a fool because she didn’t want to take advantage of Tang Li. Did she really want her father’s arms and legs to get chopped off?

“Shut up. Since she said that she will help us pay it back, let her figure out how.”

Xiang Wanwan was furious. “Daddy, are those words supposed to come out of a human?”

“Do you want them to chop my hand off? Let me tell you, Xiang Wanwan, I won’t let them chop my hand off. When the time comes… I’ll sell you off.”

“Then I’ll see you in court!”

“You wicked witch!”

Tang Li felt that this female lead was not stupid and had a sense of right and wrong. She did not hate her at all, so she said to the manager, “How about this? Lend me 100,000 yuan first, and I’ll try a few rounds. When the time comes, I’ll pay you back double.”

The manager considered it for a moment. Although Fourth Master had said that he would not let Fourth Madam spend his money tonight, Fourth Madam must have money as well. What was more, Fourth Madam’s family was definitely not poor by any means. He would only need to lend 100,000 yuan to get 200,000 yuan, so why not?

“Sure, sure. Fourth Madam, is 100,000 enough? If it’s not enough, I can lend you more.”

“It’s quite enough.”

Qi Yihan sat alone in the private room with a wine glass in his hand. He lowered his head and was thinking about something. After some time, the door was suddenly pushed open and Xu Shize and Situ Jin walked in.

Situ Jin was handsome, but he had been sick since he was young. His skin was abnormally pale, and his lips were dark green. When one took a look at him, one could immediately tell that he was sickly. After he entered, as soon as he called out “Yihan”, he covered his mouth and started coughing.

Seeing him like this, Xu Shize said for him, “Qi Yihan, hurry up! Go and control your woman. She is going crazy…”

Qi Yihan’s sharp eyes fired up instantly. Perhaps it was because of the alcohol, but his eyes were much gloomier than usual, like a freezing winter that sent shudder down everyone’s spine. Xu Shize felt goosebumps after being stared at like that and stopped speaking.