The Calendar

May; I spent my days staring admiringly at the constantly moving lake. This lake-like many others- is something someone could glance to once and not notice the fine details about its features. They won't notice how its color fades to a darker blue the further towards the middle you look. Not one of these people will be able to catch a glimpse of any of the ever changing currents I see the lake throw about. Never would any of those passing by witness as the lake began to dry up to nothing more than dirt. Once I found comfort in the water's ever changing pattern, but as it dried into the crust of the earth I felt a shift of mind. No longer did I find myself running towards the water with a beautiful golden sky, instead I ran to the heart of the earth where trees that touched the soft pink and red skies waited for me. I began to take comfort in the multiple shades of brown that made up the scenery around me. I could feel the ways the forest was changing me, I was no longer who I was in May, that girl had drifted away like a lost soul on the open sea. The sea wnich would lead to a land of tall pine trees where the girl would find sheter and safety under ther pine-needle branches. in January; she'd spend her days around a beautiful palette of browns.