1.1

_

_

Poguelandia. for the past month it has been the home for the now seven Pogues and it was beautiful. Belle Lively never wanted to leave, though she missed her brother and parents deeply, there was just something about the island she adored and just wanted to stay. more like someone actually. JJ Maybank.

the couple were having the time of their lives in Poguelandia. late night swims, forest dates, the two couldn't get away from each other. every second they were at each others sides doing the most they could in a day. Belle never wanted it to end. neither did JJ. waking up beside him wasn't anything new to Belle, but it felt different all of a sudden.

she didn't know what it was exactly, it could be the feeling of freedom of being able to do whatever they want on the island. or being around her friends at all times not worrying about going to sleep late or wake up early for school or work. everything was just different in Poguelandia.

"hey, Bells, think you can help me fix up our beds?" John B walked over to the girl breaking out of her daydream.

"yeah, you got the leaves?" Belle stood up dusting off the sand of her now sweat shorts that used to be sweatpants.

"mhm." John B handed her a few leaves.

Belle grabbed them making her way towards a rock sitting down started to make patterns.

__

Belle made her way to the docks where John B and JJ were since they decided to skip the rest of school. well Big John pulled them out early since the two boys were complaining about a test and wanted to leave early. approaching the two who were taking Belle threw her bag on the ground besides JJ's sitting on the bench.

"what's with you?" John B teased the girl tickling the back of her neck.

"your asses left me alone and were my ride." she slapped his hand away making the two boys look at each other.

"he's the driver not me." JJ pointed to his best friend who stared at him.

"can we get food? i'm starving." Belle laughed reaching for JJ's arm pulling it down.

JJ took her hand playing with her rings nodding his head towards John B waiting for his answer.

"let's go to Heyward's. i have to ask Pope something." John B said as the two cheered silently.

"Mrs. Heyward's food is the best, i love that woman." Belle grabbed her bag standing back up.

"the Heyward family adores you. it's because you're the nice one." JJ pointed out throwing his arm around Belle's shoulder walking towards the twinkie.

"someone's gotta be the nice one between the three of us." she laughed wrapping her arm around JJ's waist walking to the twinkie.

"what are you talking about? i'm so nice! your brother likes me so that counts as being nice." he pointed out opened the passenger door for her.

"you live at my house!" Belle laughed jumping in facing him, "plus he has no choice he has to like you because you're my best friend."

"once we're married he's gonna love me, you're gonna see Bells." JJ smirked, Belle chuckled facing forward setting her bag down as JJ shut the door climbing in the back.

__

"y'all, bad news. i think we're running low on coconuts." JJ's voice was heard making his way over setting the handmade basket on the sand.

"we haven't explored the rest of the island, maybe we'll find more there." Belle looked up finishing up her bed covering her eyes from the sun.

"that's what i've been saying but nobody wants to go." he answered bending over placing a quick kiss on her lips.

"we could get lost. that's why we don't want to go." Pope mentions from his spot on the sand making a new fire.

"there's plenty of rocks, P. we can leave a trail." Belle looked over at him sending him a wide smile.

"this is why we keep her around- ow." JJ cleared his throat rubbing his arm from the nudge Belle gave him.

"i'm gonna move your bed to the forest." she scolded him, JJ smiled kissing her cheek shaking his head, "no you won't."

running off JJ went towards the water jumping in, Belle watched him keeping the smile on her face feeling a tap on her head. looking over Cleo sat besides her with a grin on her face pointing at JJ who was jumping around in the water with John B.

"how long have you been together?" Cleo pointed to the blonde in the water.

"six months in a few weeks. never thought it'd happen." Belle tells her new friend.

"i may not have known you two for very long, but he really loves you. i've seen it with them," Cleo pointed to John B and Sarah, "but not the kind of love you two have."

"you two look at each other like nothing else matters, every time you're off doing something that boy can't keep his eyes off you and you do the exact same. it's a beautiful thing to see." she says making Belle smile.

"have you ever been in love?" Belle asked.

Cleo smiled shaking her head, "never found the one. but who knows, maybe things will change one day."

"i hope i get to hear about it." Belle grinned making Cleo laugh and nod.

"you will be the first to know." Cleo laughed.

Belle never wanted to leave, she loved seeing JJ happy and free on the island. she had no idea if they were ever going back to OBX, nobody had an idea. Belle just knew if she and her friends stuck together everything would be okay.

__

you guys i'm so excited to start writing for wolves & cannot wait to keep writing Belle and JJ's journey.

a big thank you to everyone for reading perfect harmony & for coming to read wolves.

love, lani.