CHAPTER FIVE

               Chapter five

               Chapter five

The Red Keep wasn’t beautiful. The castle was made out of pale red stones and it overlooked Black Water River, the stench of it carrying itself all the way to the castle.
How Kingslanding was the Capital of Westeros, Aemma will never know.

Aemma walked through the walls of the Red Keep thinking about how happy the whole royal family would be in dragonstone. Aemma Velaryon loved the Targaryen ancestral castle more than anyone in her family, Dragonstone was called a grim place by many but to Aemma it was a place of history and great intrigue. The castle was built by ancient Valyrians with fire and sorcery. It had an air mystery to it. Storms being its crucial companion. Even Aegon the Conqueror loved that castle.

She walked inside the dragon pit to see Ser Harwin, Luke and Jace waiting for her.
“Sister!” yelled Luke as he ran to tackle her with a hug. Aemma ruffled his hair with a smile. “Princess, we have been waiting for you,” said Ser Harwin. “Your mother has started her labours so the princes came down to choose an egg for the baby.”

“Well then I must go comfort my mother,” said Aemma. “I doubt your mother needs comforting.” said Ser Harwin. “True, but I must ensure the safety of the maids.” jested Aemma. “But you must help us choose an egg for the baby!” exclaimed Jacaerys.

“Why don’t you let Luke choose? I chose your egg and you chose Luke’s. It’s only fair that he gets to choose this baby’s egg.” stated Aemma reasonably. She had to hurry to the birthing chambers.

“You are right, sister. Luke, you will choose our new baby brother’s egg.” announced Jace.
“Baby sister.” corrected Aemma. “We think it’s a boy,” said Lucerys happily. “No it’s not. I get to have a sister around this time,”announced Aemma. “But you have Helaena.” mentioned Lucerys. The thought of Helaena as a sister sent Aemma’s stomach into knots for some reason. She was a companion. They had a bond, sure but Aemma didn’t know if it was a sisterly one or not.

“She’s our aunt, you idiot.” said Jacaerys, lightly hitting Lucerys on the head. “Hey!” yelled Lucerys. “Well boys I must go now. Ser Harwin.”said Aemma nervously, running away.