Chapter Thirteen: The Plot Thickens

AUTHOR'S POV 

It's been several minutes since Marcus left for the bathroom but he isn't back yet. Knowing him as well as he does Larry thinks he's discreetly checking out this entire operation but didn't mention it to him because Marcus knows he would have tried talking him out of it. He can only hope he's careful. Meanwhile, Larry still can't believe he just made the drop. He knows Marco won't see any part of the money but it's still hard to believe, well, any of this. The minutes keep passing by and with neither the detective nor Marcus coming back he becomes anxious and he's certain now that something bad has happened with the plan. He won't go investigating but he prays that they will be back soon. Right at that moment he hears someone coming in and feeling relieved he turns around. To his surprise it isn't Marcus or the detective, instead, it's the officer who's been guarding Laurent's hospital room...

Officer: "Mr. Bourgeois"?

Larry: "Why are you here and not with Laurent"?

Officer: "That's why I'm here. He woke up and when he found out what's going on he checked himself out and demanded to be brought to you".

Larry: "Then where is he"?

Officer: "He's waiting in my car because I wanted him to take it easy. I'll take you to him but I need to alert Detective Mitchell of everything".

Larry: "Oki. Just please hurry".

The officer nods then takes out his phone to place the call... 

~actual phone call~

Officer: "Detective"?

Detective: "You do realize we're in the middle of a very important operation". 

Officer: "Yes sir".

Detective: "What is it? And make it quick".

Officer: "Yes sir. I know this wasn't proper protocol but Mr. Bourgeois woke up so I explained to him what was going on. He demanded to be brought to his brother so after he checked out I brought him here".

*brief pause*

Detective: "You're right. That wasn't proper protocol but we will speak about that later. For now you make sure those boys are protected. They've been through enough. Is that clear"?

Officer: "Yes sir. I'll make sure they're safe".

Detective: "Good".

After releasing the call he turns to Larry...

Officer: "I'll take you to your brother now".

*****

AUTHOR'S POV

Marcus: "Who the hell are you"?

Woman: "Who are you"?

Marcus: "Hey. I'll ask the questions here and don't play with me. I saw what happened at the food court so I know you're working with Marco".

Woman: "Marco"?

Marcus: "That's right. You know him as Franco...but I'll let him explain that to you". 

*brief pause*

Woman: "Ok. So I'm working with him. What's your point"?

Marcus: "Don't get smart and I'll tell you what the point is".

She isn't aware of this but Marcus discreetly whipped out a gun right before she turned around to face him only he's keeping it out of view. He steps to her and places the gun against her stomach causing instant panic with her...