Chapter Three: Protection

AUTHOR'S POV  

Laurent has to find the strength from somewhere to get up from his own state of emotions after seeing Larry so upset. They have a workshop to get to and as much as he wants to call Larry over so they can have a heart to heart about this they have to get to it. Still, his heart aches so bad just at the thought of Larry's face right before he left his room. His mind is telling him that keeping quiet about this is the best thing because of everything they've worked so hard for being taken away from them...but his heart is saying that he wants the same Larry wants. To be free. Free to live, free to love each other, free to be who they are forever and never have to worry about what other people think or how other people feel about it. But, the world can be a mean place and Larry is right in saying that some people will refuse to see the beauty in their love because brothers being in a romantic relationship to include kissing and sex is not right and to more people than not it's just downright disgusting. Laurent finds himself getting more frustrated and confused about it all because he really wants to make Larry happy...but Larry is also the person he's trying to protect. Perhaps if he tells Larry that as well he will be more inclined to agree with Laurent. After all, protecting Larry only proves just how much he loves him. He makes the decision right then and there that as soon as he gets the chance to he will tell him exactly that. For now he has to get himself together so he gets up from his spot on the bed to get ready...

~meanwhile~

Larry has been struggling to revive himself from his emotional state as well. To think that he and Laurent went from a beautiful night of lovemaking to the following morning that resulted in their very first argument since their confessions. Revealing these feelings to each other was not only to relieve themselves of the burdens they had been carrying but also because it means that they aren't ashamed about how they feel so it only seems right to share that with the world. Why Laurent is so resistant to it is beyond his understanding and it hurts him so much that they don't see eye to eye on this. It seems as though they have literally taken three steps forward only to take five steps back and Larry just can't wrap his head around that. He simply can't but...like Laurent he has a workshop to get ready for and he's anticipating it being very awkward all things considered...

They're ready to go at the same time and also at the same time they grab their key cards then walked out of the rooms. The moment their eyes meet Laurent appears to get totally lost in Larry's. In fact, it takes several moments for him to even say anything at the mere sight of them. When he does he greets him softly and sweetly. He's not expecting the response in return...

Laurent: "Hi bebe".

*brief pause*

Larry: "Hey...Laurent".

Larry's eyes and his voice are completely cold and both practically makes Laurent's heart sting...but he doesn't stop there... 

Larry: "Is that normal enough for you"?

Laurent's face immediately twist into a devastated expression because he realizes that Larry's response is because of hurt more than it is anger. He watches Larry drop his head to look at his phone then he started walking in the direction of the elevators. Laurent is fighting back tears as he follows him. Even after he pushed the first floor button on the elevator Larry returns his gaze to his phone. He doesn't even have to look up to know that Lauren't looking at him and with a still cold voice...

Larry: "Take a picture. It will last longer".

This is absolutely killing Laurent which is why he thinks this is the perfect time to tell him that this silence is for his protection...